Stand up freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunkleneil

Reaction score
Has anyone converted a stand up freezer to a keezer? I'm thinking to use some of the higher shelves for bottled beer, yeast and supplies. I know the tap placement will have to go through the door or side and I would have to make sure it no lines. Is there a reason this is a bad idea? Is just me and the wife so we don't need many kegs.

One thing I would mention is the initial price of an upright is more than a chest freezer which tends to continue even for used but sometimes you get lucky! If buying used, some of the older ones have cooling that runs through the shelving which I think makes it not reasonably possible to alter the shelves. Standup is easier on your back, I had a heck of a time getting a keg into my chest freezer last night!

Never mind. I got a free used keezer (just the freezer) that needs some TLC on the lid.

Back