Soo...I'm guessing a blow-off tube is in my future...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedneckBrewer

Reaction score
I went down last night to the basement to check on my first batch of cider that has been happily bubbilin right along since Saturday night and BAM!! :eek::eek::confused: Hit with this:

402aa06f.jpg

It was still releasing CO2 while that sucker was full, so, after I cleaned and sanitized the plug and the airlock covered the opening with sanitized foil for 10 minutes, it happened again this morning. Guess I'll be making a trip to the LHBS today....:drunk:

Blow off hoses are great.... I would see what you have at home first. It is nothing more than tubing, the base of a 3 piece (if you have a broken on), or a broken piece of racking cane and tubing.....
Thanks for the pic however... love the pics!!!:ban:

Looks happy to me! It will probably be over by tonight. Other than the mess, it is not an issue but a blow off tube is a cheap solution.

wow, what size carboy is it?

That's a 5g carboy. It only had about 4 gal in it so I left it plenty of room to play.

Looks happy to me! It will probably be over by tonight. Other than the mess, it is not an issue but a blow off tube is a cheap solution.

That's what I thought (and I'm hoping for) too. It started 10 hours after I pitched the yeast on Saturday and it hasn't slowed down yet... :eek:

i am running 5 g of cider in a 5 gal carboy. So far so good almost 48 hours in, but i'm using a hose, not an airlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back