Sodastream with wundergun idea.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a wunderbar gun into my basement bar. Have a 3 gallon keg of seltzer water that will be connected to the gun.

Now I was thinking about buying some 1-5 gallon bag-n-box syrups, but we do not drink that much soda to make it worthwhile.

I just tried some of the sodastream mixed with some of my carbonated water and the stuff is actually pretty good.

This got me to thinking, could I somehow attach a coke/pepsi bag-n-box pump to the sodastream bottle and attach that to my post-mix wunderbar?

Just an idea, I am assumming it probably wouldn't work because the sodastream bottles are rigid and the bag-n-box uses bags. Never been around bag-n-box either to know how they work exactly.

I'm doubting it for that exact reason. You'd need to add an intake vent and that'd notn be too good.
I'd go for the bag in box if you're getting a postmix setup. It's not like they go bad quickly since the bag-in-box will still be otherwise sealed. If you, or a kid ever drinks a juice box or caprisun until there's nothing left, that's kind of how the bag in box works. The syrup is taken out and the bag collapses, still leaving no air coming in to foul the syrup.
Best to just dispense soda water into a glass with syrup otherwise.

Latest posts

Back