So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to brew my original NEIPA recipe on Sunday, almost a year to the day since I first brewed it. It went over very well with everyone I shared it with last year, so I don't expect it to last long. Considered doing it today but very glad I didn't as it was over 90 and humid as hell. here.

Just printed out Beersmith Brew Steps and my personalized checklist for a Falconers Flight 7C's Pale Ale tomorrow. Going to change my brewing routine from late afternoon/evening to a morning/afternoon brew session.

I just brewed an American wheat this am with some ginger and lemon peel in near the end of boil. Fermenting it around 60F with Wyeast 2565 Kolsch.
20190705_100145.jpg

Brewing a simple light American ale tomorrow with lime zest. Nothing exciting but the wife loves it. Getting brownie points doing what I love

Just finished a summer wheat beer and I’m contemplating dropping some raspberries into it a some point.

I just brewed a kolsch too!

I also added some pureed apricot to a wheat beer made with sterling hops. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Smells amazeballs already.

My first kolsch too. So excited! Also, I'm a sucker for apricot wheats. Hope yours tastes as good as it smells!

Brewed this morning and it was 98 degrees in the garage torward the end of the boil...sucked. 2 row, flaked wheat and oats, sugar and Warrior, Citra, Mosaic, HBC 472 and Vic Secret hops. I'm hoping for a fruity pina colada NEIPA. Smelled great going into the fermenter.

Husband went off to work this morning, so after sitting for a few fretting that I won't have any lager on tap for 6 weeks (have to hold it for a competition) decided to do a surprise brewday; 80/20 pilsner/two row, bittered with some Chinook, with late additions of Crystal, fermented cold on fresh S-23 that should get here sometime today. The last time I brewed this it was a smash hit, hoping to repeat it.

Just mashed in on my first Hefeweizen which may turn into a wheat saison if my Hefe yeast was dead on arrival.

Finishing up the mash on my Redstone Rocket APA. Upcoming: Simcoe, Mosaic, Citra for the hops.

Whipping up a cal common and an ipa on Saturday...it’s gonna be a hot one.

Been trying to squeeze in some brews.

Saturday I am going to brew a Belgian Blonde, and after I bottle my saison Saturday morning I am going to whip up 5 gallons of simple Wheat DME wort and dump it into the cake/cherries in the fermenter. Pipeline management. Plus the first saison is the most expensive beer I've made so might as well get two beers out of it.

No beer brewing for a few weeks, with two lagers in the ferment fridge; so bottled up the hard cider I made last month, and dumped a tart cherry/apple juice mix on the yeast slurry from that to see what happens. The hard cider is just where I wanted it; not too dry, but has enough kick to let you know it's got alcohol in it. Got 100% cherry juice from Trader Joe's to mix with some cheap 100% apple juice from the local big box store. Added a pound of dextrose as well, to help it dry out. Should be something special in a month or two. Sipping on what was left in the bottling bucket of the cider; hoping to hold a couple of bottles back for the fall to make some nice hot spiced cider.

No beer brewing for a few weeks, with two lagers in the ferment fridge; so bottled up the hard cider I made last month, and dumped a tart cherry/apple juice mix on the yeast slurry from that to see what happens. The hard cider is just where I wanted it; not too dry, but has enough kick to let you know it's got alcohol in it. Got 100% cherry juice from Trader Joe's to mix with some cheap 100% apple juice from the local big box store. Added a pound of dextrose as well, to help it dry out. Should be something special in a month or two. Sipping on what was left in the bottling bucket of the cider; hoping to hold a couple of bottles back for the fall to make some nice hot spiced cider.

What was the apple juice/cherry juice ratio you used? That sounds excellent if I can get a small batch ready for the fall!

dNEIPA with golden promise, Munich 10, flaked wheat, WY1318, motueka, cashmere and Galaxy

What was the apple juice/cherry juice ratio you used? That sounds excellent if I can get a small batch ready for the fall!
2.5 gallons of apple juice and 0.5 gallons of cherry. It's in a three gallon carboy. Cider yeast doesn't go as nuts as beer yeast does, so the carboy is almost full to the rim; about a pint of the apple juice didn't fit. Cannot wait to see how it turns out. 4 hours later and it's already taking off.

2.5 gallons of apple juice and 0.5 gallons of cherry. It's in a three gallon carboy. Cider yeast doesn't go as nuts as beer yeast does, so the carboy is almost full to the rim; about a pint of the apple juice didn't fit. Cannot wait to see how it turns out. 4 hours later and it's already taking off.

Because of your post, when I was at the store getting groceries I picked up 192 oz of apple juice and 32 oz of 100% natural tart cherry juice. Threw it all in a carboy with some yeast nutrient and pitched an extra pack of us-05 that I had. Should be tasty!

Because of your post, when I was at the store getting groceries I picked up 192 oz of apple juice and 32 oz of 100% natural tart cherry juice. Threw it all in a carboy with some yeast nutrient and pitched an extra pack of us-05 that I had. Should be tasty!
Nice! So easy to make and tasty. Hope yours turns out good!

Brewed Sunday:
A Festbier and a traditional, classic-style APA.

Festbier:
6 lb Pilsner (41%)
6 lb Vienna (41%)
2 lb Barke Munich (14%)
8 oz Caravienne (3%)
50 min addition of Tettnang to 20 IBU
OG 1.056
WY 2206

Classic APA
9 lb Pale Malt (71%)
3 lb Vienna (24%)
12 Oz Crystal 60 (6%)
Falconer’s Flight at 50,30,and flameout to 35 IBU.
Small dose (1oz each) Falconer’s Flight and Amarillo in the dry hop
OG 1.054
WY 5160

Going to brew a weizenbock on Saturday. Supposed to be hot and humid as hell, but the brewing must go on!

Back