So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just brewed a citra cream ale, tweaked my favorite creame ale recipe. Spent a lot of time away from the stove and checking on kids on yard
See how it goes!

Boiling a gose right now. Going to let lacto B sour it for 24 hours and then finish it off with WLP001.

Going to be brewing a Helles on Sunday. Been getting better at decoctions and have WLP860 on hand, so I hope this one is a good one ( last one won 3rd in category).

Going for another Friday night brew.
85% MO,10% flaked barly,5% shared dark crystal and pale chocolate
Small bittering charge of Herkules and then pile on the Styrian Goldings

10 gal of Cream Ale Sat. That way I'll have 10gal cream ale, 10gal zombie dust, and 5 gal of a hefe for a get together in a few weeks

10 gal of Cream Ale Sat. That way I'll have 10gal cream ale, 10gal zombie dust, and 5 gal of a hefe for a get together in a few weeks

I've been stockpiling for a pig roast we do every year. This will be the first year I've had homebrew...saved me a bunch of $$. I have some Centennial Blonde, Oatmeal Stout, Kolsch, and Strawberry Blonde. About 60 gallons worth

Definitely want to brew this weekend. I have two five gallon batches that are in need of bottling also but don't have enough bottles (yet!). So I guess it's brew/drink/bottle in that order! Lol

I'll be trying my very first BIAB this weekend-- a witbier. I've done my share of extract batches, but I'm really pumped to get into AG. Finally!

Dug-wiser Summer SmaSH.

Summer SMaSH.png

LHBS opened just recently here in town and I'm dying to try this Chocolate Sheet Cake Stout I saw in BA mag month before last. Maybe I can fit that in this weekend.

Brewing up 10 gal. of Vanilla Porter. Getting ahead of schedule with my brewing. Not that that's a bad thing. Will be happy to fill in some new brews before my Oktoberfest. :rockin:

Due to my wife giving me the "You are not brewing THIS weekend are you?" look last weekend with the deck still not being completely done stain-wise (which I got wrapped up on Memorial Day thankfully), I am brewing 10gallons of a Caramel Porter SteelMan here on HBT shared that I am dying to brew...will be milling the grain and unwrapping the caramels tonight and the 2 starters for this batch are already locked and loaded!

His recipe for this bad boy is here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=526239

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Brewing back to back batches today. Pipeline got hit pretty hard last weekend. Doing a cascade apa and a citra ipa. Both bittered with magnum. The IPA is in the fermentor now and getting ready to mash out the pale ale.

Brewing a quick simple blonde to test out the yeast I harvested from my back yard

Brewed a Lemongrass Ginger Ale from AHS this weekend.
I Told my wife to pick something, and she wanted to brew it. Wound up I brewed it and gave a lesson on extract brewing during the brew.

Testing the carbonation on a pale ale that was dry hopped with just about all the remaining harvest of last year. Pretty good. (This is still part of the brewing process right? LOL.)

Bottled a case of Everything's Peachy wine. Bottled a case of Apfelwein. Transferred a 5 gallon Skeeter Pee. Harvested the yeast and started another batch of Apfelwein. Kegged a batch of Berliner Weisse and a batch of Creme Ale. Brewed a batch of Pirate Ale. Yeah it's been a busy brew weekend!

I will be brewing my first larger batch tonight, 8 gallons of Kolsch beer. Also first batch I did not brew on a weekend in a long, long time. Finally got a bigger burner and regulator with a Banjo BG14, and got the custom stand finished. If all goes well, I hope to be doing mostly 10 gallon batches from here on out. Less work for more beer :)

If my water boil test on Thursday goes well, should be testing out the new redneck eBiab system with an ESB (just got my US Golding hops int he mail!). If that goes well, have to order real bag and step up to a 10 gal dunk-sparge RyePA lawnmower beer.

Testing out my newly electrified kettle with an 5 gallon ESB! Really hoping Sunday morning will be rain free so I can actually enjoy the process instead of locking myself in the garage.

Back