So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a crack at an AB clone. Biggest beer so far and also the first since I did my brewing course so going to be changing my old process somewhat.

Exciting times, can't believe I didn't get the ingredients in time to brew last weekend.

Hoping to get a 10 gallon batch of co3c done, first ten gallon batch and I either have to do partial boil or two separate boils because my MLT can handle it but my BK is too small..gotta have ten gallons of clear beer on tap for June 19th

Hoping to get a 10 gallon batch of co3c done, first ten gallon batch and I either have to do partial boil or two separate boils because my MLT can handle it but my BK is too small..gotta have ten gallons of clear beer on tap for June 19th

2 weeks? I wish I could get something out that quick!

Large pitch rate, good temp control and low grav beer with no roasted grains and forced carb'ed in a keg...no problem. I do it with my house Mild all the time.

I sometimes wish to keg but I do love the tedious task of bottling. It keeps me away from the crazy life of the family for a good hour and a half. I do love my me time. Maybe when the little guy gets older he can join.

Brewing tonight, splitting a batch of 100% wheat beer, aggressively hop bursted with Galaxy. Half will get saison yeast and half will get a Brett blend.

Brewing tonight, splitting a batch of 100% wheat beer, aggressively hop bursted with Galaxy. Half will get saison yeast and half will get a Brett blend.

Funk bomb!! ;) Haha jk, lemme know how that turns out. You planning to wait long before bottling or just a couple months?

I am brewing a sessionable English Pale Ale this weekend. Fairly low ABV, malty, not too hoppy.

Will be brewing up a Coconut/vanilla porter on Saturday. Was hoping for a double brew day but gonna do one this week and a blood orange wheat next week.

Funk bomb!! ;) Haha jk, lemme know how that turns out. You planning to wait long before bottling or just a couple months?

:cross:

Hopefully less than a couple months (for the brett split, obviously). Going to start checking gravity at 6 weeks, I think, and bottle when stable. Or whenever I have bottles available...That seems to be the bottleneck recently...

Trying to get in an all day ipa clone if I can make it by the lhbs before they close today...

Big homebrew weekend for me. Bottling my first batch of EdWort's Apfelwine. Kegging my batch of Skeeter Pee. Brewing 5gal of Mango Pulp wine for the wife and a 5gal Honey Blonde for a July 4th party. Hopefully the weather holds out so I can be on the patio instead of in the garage.

Got 10g of BCS American IPA on deck for Saturday. 3.5L starter made last night and lookin good this morning.

I'll be bumping 10g of American Amber to corny kegs for secondary to make room in that fermenter for the IPA. I'll also be transferring 5g of Brown Porter from its secondary/conditioning keg to a fresh serving keg and putting that in the kegerator for carbing. Still patiently babysitting a Red Rye PA in primary (okay, maybe not so patiently).

Between those four and the three beers I have on tap now, my pipeline will be almost back intact in a few weeks. I still want to get a stout and a barleywine put up for aging. A brewer's work is never done...

Going to teach a Czech friend to brew tomorrow, making an all grain punk ipa clone.

He loves beer and has been all over europe, but since moving to finland complains a lot about the lack of decent, reasonable priced beer.

If the LHBS I'm going to tonight has a big bag of MO, I plan to brew my own MO & Centennial ipa. 1st attempt was best ipa @ local club meeting fun competition. Going to tweak the recipe a little & try making it better.
If I can't get MO tonight then I will get another base malt and make a SMaSH using the equinox hops I won with my Centennial ipa!

I sometimes wish to keg but I do love the tedious task of bottling. It keeps me away from the crazy life of the family for a good hour and a half. I do love my me time. Maybe when the little guy gets older he can join.

You're more than welcome to help bottle mine, I just bottled a stout 5 days ago that was brewed on jan 17th. It was not lack of bottles or intentional bulk aging I just didn't feel like washing and sanitizing 50+ bottles lol

Well, I'm brewing Monday - close enough. Making Adventures in Homebrewing's recent $20 extract kits - their wheat and Mexican Amber. Hard to argue with 10 gallons for $40!

Didn't get my brew on last weekend.
So my son and I brewed up 8.5ltr of partial mash brown,og 1.065 to ferment with s-33 and then sourrrrr

I was stuck with 24hr duty today, so I turned it into a brew day! "Helo Haus" hefeweiss:D
IMG_20150606_093704_659_zpsclpyljzv.jpg

Brewed up a " left overs " brown ale today. Little MO,Brown Malt, chocolate and crystal 80. Oh and 3oz of toasted flaked oats. Used some EKG for the hops.
Only had enough to squeeze out 1.75gal and it came in at 1.040 so it will be a session brown.

Firing up a some sort of black rye IPA tonight! Maybe 15% rye, some midnight wheat, a pinch of C-60, plus the standard 2-row. Hoped with centennial, simcoe and amarillo. Thinking it should be good.

You're more than welcome to help bottle mine, I just bottled a stout 5 days ago that was brewed on jan 17th. It was not lack of bottles or intentional bulk aging I just didn't feel like washing and sanitizing 50+ bottles lol

If you're is southeast Wisconsin my charge would be half a case of whatever is being bottled 😊

Well, I'm brewing Monday - close enough. Making Adventures in Homebrewing's recent $20 extract kits - their wheat and Mexican Amber. Hard to argue with 10 gallons for $40!

I made a near spotted cow and a rye pale ale for 50 bucks this weekend. Granted I had the yeast for both and the hops for the rye pa.

Back