So, how about them Sox !?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughty240

Reaction score
Oh man, I forgot how great it is to stay up late and listen to the press conferences, watch celebrations that actually matter and drink way to much beer with a purpose!

Crazy how Iggy couldn't field that ground ball and loaded the bases, giving Victorino the chance to make himself a legend. Bogarts and Workman both stepping into the bright lights and doing key parts when just a few months ago they were playing in Portland. Koji being Koji with that crazy split.

Damn this is exciting!

I agree!! GO SOX!!!! I was glad to see Victorino pull out a clutch hit like that, he has been struggling a little at the plate the last few games and that's just what he needed to get him pumped up for the world series.

Payback from 2004 is about to be unleashed on your sox tonight. Cards in 6. You can watch as the cardinals celebrate at Fenway

Wait. 04 was our payback from 67! We are even haha

I expect a close series. Jeff Suppan is not taking the hill.

naughty240 said:
Wait. 04 was our payback from 67! We are even haha

I expect a close series. Jeff Suppan is not taking the hill.

Ha! I agree it will be a close one. Hopefully we can have some decent enough weather

What a game!! eh jdhasse??? jk.. they're both great teams and it will be a great series once we both start getting deeper into the bullpen for sure. If Beltran is out for the series that will surely hurt the Cards but on the flipside, once the games go to St.Louis we are gonna lose the bat of either Ortiz or Napoli...its going to be interresting

Being a Yankee fan I hate to say it, but I do not think anything will stop the Sox from taking it in straight games. Without running into any injuries they seem to be on top of their game and when they are playing at 100% they can't lose.

OMO

bosco

A Yankee fan giving kudos to Boston?? Nice!! Most NY fans I know wouldn't pick the Sox to win if they had Jesus on the mound!! Lol. They are pretty tough though!!

wyoast said:
What a game!! eh jdhasse??? jk.. they're both great teams and it will be a great series once we both start getting deeper into the bullpen for sure. If Beltran is out for the series that will surely hurt the Cards but on the flipside, once the games go to St.Louis we are gonna lose the bat of either Ortiz or Napoli...its going to be interresting

With Game 1 and then when Ortiz hit that HR in game 2 I had flashbacks of 2004, not gonna lie.

Gonna be interesting. Cards won't sweep in STL so gonna be tough series for both teams.

Wow what an ending!!!! I saw what the official rule is on a play like that and have to admit that if that's all there is to it...the ump probably made the right call, But.. Wheres the counter about the play in question happening out of the baseline?

It's the right call and I hate to admit it. Salty literally just saw what trying to gun down a runner can do the last game. It's not worth the risk. Plus how do you not get Napoli in the game. Should have hit him for workman and had Ross take Saltys spot. Ross is a superior defender over him. Damn national league rules

I agree totally, some questionable managing decisions made for sure. I myself like Ross over Salty anyways. Errors lose games.point blank.

2 games in a row were lost because of questionable throws from home to third. Both should have been held at home. Game 2 should have taken the tying run, held it and trusted the pitcher to get the batter out, stranding the runner.
Last night, ditto...
Even as a Red Sox fan, I admit, that to the letter of the law, that was the correct call, though I wonder if Joyce had been watching the base rather than the ball, would the call have been any different. As it was, all he saw when he looked back was the runner on the ground, having tripped over Middlebrooks.
Anyways, we're in the 8th here tonight, and in the lead. I will never say it's a comfortable lead; The Cards have a great team, and I've seen the Sox blow it too many times.
I still don't get why Farrell keeps bringing Breslow in - there's never been anything good happening when he does.

Wow!! Talk about some crazy endings for world series games...Way to be heads up Koji!!

OK, who expected a last out like that?!?!?!? Pickoff at first to end the game? And here Buck and McCarver kept talking about why bother to hold the guy with a gimpy leg close on first.

Buck and McCarver ruin the game for me. They have talking points and repeat them over and over. I wish I had a way to watch the game without having to listen to the tripe they spit out endlessly. I was glad to see the pickoff to shut them up, but the inane comments when they are wrong just rolls off their backs. Next game it will be the same. I call them talking heads. Just spitting out words pretending to know everything.

OK, who expected a last out like that?!?!?!? Pickoff at first to end the game? And here Buck and McCarver kept talking about why bother to hold the guy with a gimpy leg close on first.

I was wondering why they were too. Why leave a giant hole? Then bam, I guess their advanced scouting had something on him.

They ran for the gimpy leg guy. (Too early and I forgot his name:eek:)

An obstruction call to end a game followed by a pick off to end a game. I'm predicting a ground rule double RBI for a win. I love my Boston Beard-O's.

Great win by the Sox tonight. Great pitching, some clutch hitting...
Shipping back to Boston... 2 more to go... (just need one...)

And watching the post game interviews...
WHAT THE HELL IS JOHNNY GOMES WEARING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

An obstruction call to end a game followed by a pick off to end a game. I'm predicting a ground rule double RBI for a win. I love my Boston Beard-O's.

Well it wasn't in the 9th, but there was Ross's ground rule double RBI to take the lead. Couldn't really have predicted that much better. :rockin:

I'm just hoping we close this out tomorrow, regardless of what happened nearly 100 years ago. Let's go RedSoxNation!

Back