So, how about them Sox !?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a great series... honest, straight-up baseball. No bullsh*t, no smack talk, no drama. Baseball.

Congrats to the Cards.. they have a world-class team that's been building strong the past few years, and to make it to October is an incredible feat all in itself.

Having said that, F*CK YEAH SOX!

1002916_10151697407216766_180487387_n.jpg

Congrats to the Sox. Well earned victory.. Played like a team...
Good baseball!:mug::mug:

Maybe by next April the Yankees can solve some of their problems and manage to keep a decent lineup from becoming the walking and not so walking wounded and then look for some pitching they can depend on.:(

bosco

Not a Sox fan, not even a bandwagon fan, but I watched the series and last night's game. I was really happy for them. I bet Boston is on fire still. Now the 88 year old convenience store clerk can die a happy man!

SOX!

Great season. I love this team. I'm just sad it probably won't look the same next season.

Congrats to the Sox. Well earned victory.. Played like a team...
Good baseball!:mug::mug:

Maybe by next April the Yankees can solve some of their problems and manage to keep a decent lineup from becoming the walking and not so walking wounded and then look for some pitching they can depend on.:(

bosco

The Yanks main problem is that their core is getting up there in years, aside from Cano. Regardless of A-Rod's alleged chemical assistance, the reality is that he's 38 years old, way past his prime for a fielder, (Ortiz is almost excusively a hitter; he said that after 3 days playing first, he was feeling his age [though part of that may just be from not playing regularly]) Jeter, Soriano and Ichiro are up there also, Rivera retired, The rest of the pitching staff is not what they should be / could be. The rest of the team is young.

The Yanks main problem is that their core is getting up there in years, aside from Cano. Regardless of A-Rod's alleged chemical assistance, the reality is that he's 38 years old, way past his prime for a fielder, (Ortiz is almost excusively a hitter; he said that after 3 days playing first, he was feeling his age [though part of that may just be from not playing regularly]) Jeter, Soriano and Ichiro are up there also, Rivera retired, The rest of the pitching staff is not what they should be / could be. The rest of the team is young.

In total agreement. Get some new, younger blood even if they are not superstars. I do not like signing up players who had great past performances only to watch them go down hill as the season wears on. Guys like A-rod (ugh), Jeter, Texiera, Youklis etc... are going downhill from either age or injury.

bosco

In total agreement. Get some new, younger blood even if they are not superstars. I do not like signing up players who had great past performances only to watch them go down hill as the season wears on. Guys like A-rod (ugh), Jeter, Texiera, Youklis etc... are going downhill from either age or injury.

bosco

They need to sign Cano but money will be an issue if they want to get under that stiff penalty for going over luxury tax. CC lost weight and his performance suffered. Arod will be suspended but no way will that contact be voided. Jeter is old. Tex is basically useless. Granderson is a free agent.

Unlike the Sox, they are not bringing guys up from the farm. The onces they did have they traded and they never seem to hit on the sandwich picks. They are in big trouble. Considering what they faced this year they had a hell of a season. Gotta praise the job Giardi did.

Back