Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is excellent! I eventually would like a portable system but I don't think I will put that much effort into it... or maybe now I will :mug:

I wouldn't have either....except it's for my wedding.... inspired by sometime on here who mounted a board and taps to a 50 gal. trash can. Just figured for the big day I'd make something a bit more stylish

Here's mine. It's 90% complete, just need to finish up the gas system and wait for the beer to be ready to go into the kegs.

219200d1408664150-new-keezer-build-keezer5.jpg

220634d1409312765-new-keezer-build-driptray.jpg

Inside, two 5 gallon ball lock kegs in the well, 3 gallon pin lock on the hump with a 5 pound CO2 cylinder:

219045d1408583837-new-keezer-build-keezer2.jpg

Here's mine. It's 90% complete, just need to finish up the gas system and wait for the beer to be ready to go into the kegs.

Inside, two 5 gallon ball lock kegs in the well, 3 gallon pin lock on the hump with a 5 pound CO2 cylinder:

I love the top. So clean. Looks like butcher block. Great job! :tank:

My build is almost done. Making a tray to hold glasses to put on top and have 2 more kegs to fill and then install my other 2 faucets.

What did you use to cover up other holes in the collar and where can I find them? I'm in the same situation.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I spose I'll post mine here. Not the prettiest due to me just wanting to get the beer flowing, but swmbo let's me keep it in the basement :)

View attachment 220813

I like it :ban:
I don't suppose you have in-progress pictures or plans for that. I'm getting a new chest freezer and am debating on a collar (for which I have 3 taps already) or a tower. Your build here looks like I could make a tower and use the taps I already have.

I spose I'll post mine here. Not the prettiest due to me just wanting to get the beer flowing, but swmbo let's me keep it in the basement :)

View attachment 220813

I like it :ban:

I don't suppose you have in-progress pictures or plans for that. I'm getting a new chest freezer and am debating on a collar (for which I have 3 taps already) or a tower. Your build here looks like I could make a tower and use the taps I already have.

I don't have any :( but I'll try an take some pictures of the inside this weekend.

It's really a simple design. Just framed it up with 2x4s and the covered it with tongue and groove pine.

I came up with the tower part on the fly. I didn't want to have the taps coming out of the front of the mini fridge. Which is housed in the lower part. The tower part also houses the dual regulator and 5lb tank

Sent from myPhone

Is that a 5 cu ft chest freezer? And where'd you get the top? Looks great!

It is a 5 CF freezer. Made the top myself, it fits over/is bolted to the factory lid.

So since I liked the way my mobile kegerator came out....I decided to do something similar for my keezer. It's now on wheels, there's a little shelf in the back for the 20lb co2 tank. It now holds 5 kegs (thanks to the collar I added). I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stain it like I did the mobile one or just polyurethane/oil it. Here's a before and after and a shot showing how it's hinged.

1410131208040.jpg

1410131243836.jpg

So since I liked the way my mobile kegerator came out....I decided to do something similar for my keezer. It's now on wheels, there's a little shelf in the back for the 20lb co2 tank. It now holds 5 kegs (thanks to the collar I added). I'm not sure yet if I'm going to stain it like I did the mobile one or just polyurethane/oil it. Here's a before and after and a shot showing how it's hinged.

That pine looks like it's been aged somewhat. Looks nice, and will look much better with some oil based polyurethane. Did you get it salvaged, or did you age it yourself?

That pine looks like it's been aged somewhat. Looks nice, and will look much better with some oil based polyurethane. Did you get it salvaged, or did you age it yourself?

It's actually cheap utility shelf boards from Lowe's. I bought them as 1x12s and cut them to random widths. The greying was already there. $12 a pop. I've got some oil modified, water based poly that on my test piece gave it a nice amber hue and really brought out the grain...so I'll likely use that on it.

Its not pretty but for a free Craigslist fridge and a college student budget, i now have a working Kegerator with and IPA I brewed on tap!

Looks like it came out great! I'd be proud of that one! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I realized the photo I posted back in June was my incomplete kegerator. Here's my updated humble submission. It cost just over $100 for the fridge, faucets, shanks, fittings, and tubing.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410361503.330580.jpg

Sometimes you stumble onto something you never thought would be possible. I was building a couple of keezers for both dispensing and fermenting since I live in the tropical climate of Miami Beach, I wanted a more economical solution than keeping an entire garage at 65F for fermenting. That's when I get a call from my A/C guy who knows I brew beer asking if I would be interested in some dispensing equipment FREE. A local restaurant was getting rid of it because they were going with another system... then this happened:

That's right. A six tap glycol system. In my garage. :ban::ban::ban:

Here's where I was when I got the call, making two standard keezers

They are almost done, just need to finish up insulating the collars and attaching a little extra bracing. The temp controller does a great job even without the insulation but I suspect it will get a lot better once fully complete.

However, it's on the inside where things are different. Here's a picture of the "test keg" (crappy Mich Ultra).

Now the cool stuff!

Glycol Unit:

Co2 and Nitrogen bottles with dual blend mixer so I can have stout and regular beers:

That goes into the regulators so I can force carb or just dispense. Here's a close up:

Pretty close to the ultimate keezer system I think and all because of a "right place/right time" and another reason being a regular at a bar is valuable. Install of this insanity would have been super expensive had it not been for the help of some friends!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410642573.638777.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410642677.138413.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410642735.538787.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410642847.588527.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410643505.037788.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410643657.287047.jpg

Would love to see it, however it seems like the images aren't working

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sometimes you stumble onto something you never thought would be possible. I was building a couple of keezers for both dispensing and fermenting since I live in the tropical climate of Miami Beach, I wanted a more economical solution than keeping an entire garage at 65F for fermenting. That's when I get a call from my A/C guy who knows I brew beer asking if I would be interested in some dispensing equipment FREE. A local restaurant was getting rid of it because they were going with another system... then this happened:

attachment.php

That's right. A six tap glycol system. In my garage. :ban::ban::ban:

Here's where I was when I got the call, making two standard keezers

attachment.php

They are almost done, just need to finish up insulating the collars and attaching a little extra bracing. The temp controller does a great job even without the insulation but I suspect it will get a lot better once fully complete.

However, it's on the inside where things are different. Here's a picture of the "test keg" (crappy Mich Ultra).

attachment.php

Now the cool stuff!

Glycol Unit:

attachment.php

Co2 and Nitrogen bottles with dual blend mixer so I can have stout and regular beers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

That goes into the regulators so I can force carb or just dispense. Here's a close up:

attachment.php

Pretty close to the ultimate keezer system I think and all because of a "right place/right time" and another reason being a regular at a bar is valuable. Install of this insanity would have been super expensive had it not been for the help of some friends!

All your links are broken

Seems to be working now. I originally posted this over at Gotmead. My mead/beer/whiskey room is called the TARDIS although it's not really very "tardisy" yet due to my completely getting sidetracked by the opportunity to install this beast overkill but totally awesome system.

Hmmm. Well that's annoying. I'll get the pics hosted and try again.

damn you kids and your new-fangled ways. :) I think they are visible now but I can't place them in the narrative. Sigh.

Here is a picture of the setup. Just to try the phone app.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1410976441.894940.jpg

Ahhhh much easier.

Here is my new setup. Kenmore 8.8cu ft chest freezer, 10ft of line running to 3 stainless shanks and Perlick Taps. Custom fan blowing cold air in the insulated ducting to keep lines cool. Still need to paint the top but not a top priority as it's in the storage room. Tap handles labeled according to number on RaspberryPints screen.

Back