Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0F309D3F-CBBD-4D1B-9538-9D8BA9C8EED3_zps5fxlfigx.jpg

E215274C-2EB2-4F7D-9BEA-A71865E24AE1_zpsvz9ns1ly.jpg

It attaches with a cement that is sold alongside the airstone. It's seems to be pretty strong stuff.

My beers have gone unlabeled up till now. I finally got to building my board to label and inform the drinking public what they can expect from each tap.

It is a walnut frame with 1/8" plywood en-cased in the frame then covered with a large dry erase laminate. I plan to also add a large lip around the top of the keezer with walnut as well.

IMG_8742.JPG

I just added a fourth tap to my kegerator. Unfortunately, the tap is slightly different than my other three. It is only the tap and handle that is different, so I know I'll eventually switch them out, since it'll drive me nuts...

20141016_214111-XL.jpg

20141016_214120-XL.jpg

I also need to build a new drip tray, or maybe even just buy a pre-made one...

Just added the shanks and taps to the fridge this evening. Leaving room to expand out to four taps. I plan on painting the freezer door with chalk paint and/or having raspberry pints display what's on tap. Simple but it works. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413527270.951331.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413527287.332730.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1413527303.664732.jpg

I'm finally able to contribute to this. Just a basic 4 tap system but got them all filled and in the fridge last night. Perlicks will come soon enough...

Un7KygY.jpg

BRAsvUk.jpg

efwuMed.jpg

I'm in the process of building my keezer and the CO2 tank has the same sticker.

Not cool enough for a new thread but...found this guy on CL for a good price. It was kinda dirty, had some stickers on it I took off before pics. 4 stainless faucets and shanks, not perlicks unfortunately, but they're not bad and don't seem to be sticking at all. Big drip tray. 4 kegs, 1 converted pin and 3 balls. a 5lber, regular regulator, 4 way manifold and 4 gas lines and 4 liquid lines. I replaced the liquid lines with the new silver lining stuff frog keg connections and PBWed the crap out of everything and cleaned it up. Then I painted it in the same hammered black of electric brewery infamy. It goes with my new work table that I got from someone selling off old school furniture.

He had started to drill for a fifth tap but hit a piece of metal in the door and just left it open, not the best fix but I taped over it then painted that. It doesn't embarrass me so thats enough

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

The horror!!! Tap four is empty. Kidding, I have no taps to fill. But SWMBO willing, I soon will. Very nice setup, especially since it was for spare cash and sweat equity. Well done!

The horror!!! Tap four is empty. Kidding, I have no taps to fill. But SWMBO willing, I soon will. Very nice setup, especially since it was for spare cash and sweat equity. Well done!

Fourth tap gettin filled this weekend, and I have another batch in the wings. :rockin::rockin:

I started brewing again late september and just finished the fifth batch yesterday.

Here's my recent kegerator build. Took a few months and it still needs some tweaking. Will be adding a third tap and replacing the cheapies with nicer ones as well.

A drip tray and cap catcher are in place, just not in the latest pic I have. It's controlled by an STC-1000 and has some 110v fans circulating air into the coffin.

20141012_195527_zps730e86f6.jpg

20141012_195534_zps5fee4b2c.jpg

Are the stl's online or if you designed, care to share?:mug:

atm no.

i'd need to put something together... i just have the x3g at this point.

I can tell you this is a remix of two thingiverse files.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31395 <--- the pumpkin itself.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:141354 <--- threaded tap handle.

the trick is to scale the pumpkin for the tap handle, and to support the top parts of the pumpkin lid which without supports will print into thin air and F up the print.

If I have time I'll cad something up quickly based on what I did for public consumption. May not though... hopping on a plane in a bit.

Hope you got your freezer door attached to the fridge door, or else that milk stout will see some floor action.

Sure is! Got about 6' of paracord securing the two together. I was going to screw a metal plate to the two doors, but I didn't have a metal plate. I've got plenty of paracord though

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414020014.656524.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1414020027.058870.jpg
Usually make my own stuff but this was a gift. 3 tap system. A lot for me to have in my apartment. I have a 4+ tap system in the works for my dad's place where I do my brewing.

A guy from my brew club made the tap handles on his lathe. Three tap handles for a keg of ipa. One is spalted oak, another is an Australian pine cone, and the other is a tree from Oregon that is a trash tree but has wonderful swirly grain

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My friend and I are about to tag team a kegerator/keezer build and I'm just trying to get as smart as possible on it prior to beginning. We will probably try and keep it simple/cheap for this first one to get our mistakes out of the way and probably turn around and sell it to help fund our dream machines. Any suggestions? I'm looking for sites/stores which sell the parts I need to convert a freezer/fridge/mini fridge. I would also appreciate a rough estimate of total investment but honestly anything would be useful. Thank you everyone.

My friend and I are about to tag team a kegerator/keezer build and I'm just trying to get as smart as possible on it prior to beginning. We will probably try and keep it simple/cheap for this first one to get our mistakes out of the way and probably turn around and sell it to help fund our dream machines. Any suggestions? I'm looking for sites/stores which sell the parts I need to convert a freezer/fridge/mini fridge. I would also appreciate a rough estimate of total investment but honestly anything would be useful. Thank you everyone.

I would check out the sponsors, your local homebrew store (my local lagers homebrew club gets 10% off there) also I got some stuff from vendors and Amazon (I love amazon) I got the freezer for 50 used. Bought and cut the wood (1x8) stained and poly'd it. Then got the stuff, i would say start with 500 if you need kegs and all the equipment. Use Craigslist and onecraigs.com for nationwide searches :)

1414126098127.jpg

1414126232960.jpg

Back