Regulator issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEKvt

Reaction score
I just got a new regulator in the mail and cannot get it to hold a steady pressure. Not the normal problem of pressure dropping due to a leak though, the pressure creeps higher over time.

With the regulator I currently use if I have it dialed back as far as possible and open the tank my gauge remains at 0psi. Then I turn the dial knob and the pressure on the gauge rises.

With the regulator I just got if I have it dialed back and open the tank the pressure very slowly creeps up. I've let it get up to 30psi, then bled the regulator and watched it creep up to 30psi again. When I engage the dial knob the regulator bumps up in pressure to what seems like a set point, and then begins to slowly creep up just as it does when the dial is fully closed.

And just to clarify this occurs regardless of whether the regulator is attached to a keg.

This is a brand new regulator, any ideas what might be up?

Some have had problems with brass shavings from machining not being cleaned up they removed the bell housing to expose the diaphragm cleaned it out reassembled and worked fine this might be problem.

Back