Raspberry syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Youngjesus

Reaction score
Hi I’m hoping to make a batch of raspberry wine using raspberry syrup anyone have any idea of a recipe please as I’m new to wine making made a few with shop bought kits but hopefully I’m going to make a batch from scratch any insight would be very much appreciated thanks

Welcome to the forum. Syrup may contain preservatives that will inhibit yeast performance. Check the ingredients. If it has anything with ite or ate in it's name you risk failure. If not go for it. Mix it with water untill you get about 1.050 OG and pitch the yeast.

It’s not ment to have preserves in it supposedly so should be fine but unsure on a recipe or how much to put in it I normaly make 22ltr at a time but iv only ever used 7 day kits from the brew shop but would like to try one of my own

Use a hydrometer to gauge the sugar concentration. I would go for about 1.050 to begin with. I've never fermented raspberry syrup before so I'm guessing at it. Hopefully someone with experience with it will chime in. But mix water with anything contains sugar add yeast and it will ferment.

Back