Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this AI stuff is kinda freaky. I started with a pic I took of the Grand Canyon

1046.jpg

I didn't like the sky, so I opened up Photoshop Beta Neural Filters & looking at the options for "replace sky"

first one I tried...

grand canyon green.jpg

"hey, AI... show me what the Grand Canyon would look like if it wasn't a desert"

Made the trip from the farm to the city again today. 250 miles door to door. We usually make a pit stop at a C-store in the little burg of Grassrange which is about halfway. The Wrangler Bar is next door. Every time I see this sign I wonder. "what more could there be?"
20230406_124556.jpg

Made the trip from the farm to the city again today. 250 miles door to door. We usually make a pit stop at a C-store in the little burg of Grassrange which is about halfway. The Wrangler Bar is next door. Every time I see this sign I wonder. "what more could there be?"
View attachment 817055
Holy Cow! I hunted a friend's ranch in Grass Range for years! His mother and sister own the Wrangler. Good times...

I forgot to add: PIE is an important part of the "more."

One legged hooker?
We still have a good amount of snow, but the spring melt has just about started, the roads are mostly bare now.
And the days have been getting longer for the past few weeks, now it don't get really dark until ~9 o clock in the evening...

Attachments

• IMG_20230402_180009.jpg
    IMG_20230402_180009.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 817055
sit in the chair and find out??

sit in the chair and find out??
We’ve been in the place a few times. Some good friends of ours (college roommates from 50+ years ago) live in Lewistown, about 30 miles west of there. We’ve met them there for the once monthly jam sessions the bar hosts. A variety of local musicians playing old country music (Bob Wills, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Kitty Wells, etc.) and people dance. Those have been going on for about 20 years. Folks living in the deepest, darkest, regions of flyover country find various ways to entertain themselves. :cool:

A little easter ride, we went out to one of the small islands in the archipelago to light a fire and grill some sasuges with a bunch of the locals from the village.
Gonna go out again tomorrow and try to find some bogs that haven't been driven yet for possibly the seasons last play-session.
For anyone initiated the snowmobile is a '97 SKS, has it's quirks but still going strong...

Attachments

• IMG_20230408_120715.jpg
    IMG_20230408_120715.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Every time I see this sign I wonder. "what more could there be?"
View attachment 817055
Back in the 70's a cafe bar we used to stop at to eat lunch on our way to oilfield work burned down so the owners rebuilt it on the other side of the road. Being halfway between 2 towns 70 miles apart meant they really had a monopoly in the food and drink market, and were a long way from serious monitoring. The new and improved cafe had a full bar, great food, live music, AND they threw in over the counter weed, and some hookers upstairs. That was a true full service oilfield cafe, at least for the first 6 months.

wife & I out for anniversary dinner. dessert labelled "Chocolate, Chocolate" on the menu, the waiter called it "chocolate mousse cake"

mousse on top, with the cake being brownie with chocolate chunks

so, there are, in fact 3 chocolates. "Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate"

1681820407190.png

just wanted to add the word CHOCOLATE one more time to this post

Happy 420 Day! Smoke 'em if you gots 'em!

View attachment 818133

Cheers! 🥴

Ha! And how do you explain to today's youth what the hell a 35mm film canister is?

Before they all went plastic, I used to have a bunch of the aluminum screw top ones around here somewhere...

Not to mention the bulk film loader. Those were the days.

Last edited:
My boys have their own solutions :)

I have lots of aluminum canisters - mostly inherited along with a pair of classic Nikon F1 bodies and a bunch of lenses - holding lots of fly tying hooks. They're much better than the plastic ones for that - little chance of flinging hooks around when taking the lid off...

Cheers!

Back