Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
99FECC19-79FB-44B3-887C-3FBC90205B53.jpeg
Found this guy chilling last week during low tide on our walk back from Bar Island in Bar Harbor, ME.

I was at the store today and was shocked to see dry beans were 3 bucks a pound. I forget when I bought beans last but I am pretty sure I payed something 70cents a pounds. I know rice got more expensive a couple years back, is this a new covid thing or have they that expensive for a while?
IMG_3129 - Copy.JPG

I was at the store today and was shocked to see dry beans were 3 bucks a pound. I forget when I bought beans last but I am pretty sure I payed something 70cents a pounds. I know rice got more expensive a couple years back, is this a new covid thing or have they that expensive for a while?
View attachment 739755
Lentils, locally, are 38-40 cents/lb, delivered to the local grain elevator. There’s a lot of markup between the farm and the grocery store, even for crops like lentils, peas, and beans, which don’t require much in the way of processing. Just cleaning, bagging, and transportation. Transportation costs have probably seen the biggest increase in the past year.

Lentils, locally, are 38-40 cents/lb, delivered to the local grain elevator. There’s a lot of markup between the farm and the grocery store, even for crops like lentils, peas, and beans, which don’t require much in the way of processing. Just cleaning, bagging, and transportation. Transportation costs have probably seen the biggest increase in the past year.
I guess the 70cents must of been many years ago if you get 38-40cents/lb. It just caught my eye as seeming odd as dry beans and such were always an in expensing item. Thanks for the clarification.

Over 50 years ago my wife and her father collected the rock on the left near their village in France. I brought it back to the States, and a friend(from France) cut a couple of slices and made some jewelry for my wife from it. Today he came over with a sterling silver bolo tie made from that rock. Life is great

Attachments

• IMGP9876.JPG
    IMGP9876.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
Back