Pump and chill plate mounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanhope

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas for how to mount my pumps and chill plate to my brew table. Show me pics of your DIY pump/chiller mounts... please :D

My stainless steel counterflow chiller comes with a plate and two screw holes, I drilled and tapped two corresponding holes in my Brutus frame and bolted it down. As far as making mounts for my Chugger pumps, all I did was trace the "foot" and hole locations of the pump onto cardboard and used it to cut aluminum plate to match. I put 2 extra holes in it to bolt onto my frame and again, drilled and tapped the threads on the frame and mounted it. Painted the plate to match the color of my Brutus.

My stainless steel counterflow chiller comes with a plate and two screw holes, I drilled and tapped two corresponding holes in my Brutus frame and bolted it down. As far as making mounts for my Chugger pumps, all I did was trace the "foot" and hole locations of the pump onto cardboard and used it to cut aluminum plate to match. I put 2 extra holes in it to bolt onto my frame and again, drilled and tapped the threads on the frame and mounted it. Painted the plate to match the color of my Brutus.

I dont have a special structure, just a really sturdy table. I have to either mount to the legs or build something that suspends the equipment from the middle. I need to get things off the floor so its easier to catch drips when swapping hoses and cleaning.

If I understand what these clamps do, I think I could use 2 clamps to mount a horizontal strut bar between two legs of the table and mount everything to the strut.

These will mount your pump to the strut. You could also mount your chiller to the strut using some strut bolts/nuts and a piece of angle iron.

However, there are hundreds of different fittings on that site that would allow you to mount the strut to your table. I probably just use some big bolts. Strut is very versatile stuff.

Check out this thread. There are a lot of pictures on here showing how strut can be used. My stand is on here as well.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=363128&highlight=strut

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=5111820&postcount=476

You can see the my pump is mounted to the strut, but you can't see the clamp because I have a heat shield over it.

I didn't have a chiller when I took there, but it is mounted to the strut as well.

Yeah see you have 2 tiers of horizontal bracing below your main surface. I have nothing like that. I love the strut builds I've seen but this table that I have was free.

IMG_20151112_184226.jpg

IMG_20151112_184310.jpg

Back