Prost!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron L.

Reaction score
Hello all, :mug:

My name's Aaron. I'm in Windsor, Ca. That's just north of Santa Rosa, and about 60 miles north of San Francisco on HWY 101.
I'm new to the board, and to homebrewing...

I'm mostly a gearhead. I tinker with old trucks, farm equipment, and motorcycles. No matter what I'm involved in, it's always the technical aspect that realy facinates me. I've wanted to get into homebrewing for years. I've had friends and coworkers that have made some fine homebrews.

I've finaly decided to take the plunge. Right now I'm still reading and surfing the web gathering info. I seldom jump into (read spend $$$ on) anything until I've done my homework. I'll mostly be lurking around here for a while...

Well welcome aboard!

This is one that can be as cheap or as expensive as you let it! You've chosen a great board to come to, you can pick up a lot of knowledge here.

Ian

Thanks for the welcome folks! :mug:

I'm going to start out with extracts. I'm sure I'll at least try the mini-mash and all grain brewing experience later down the road. I've been reading (and rereading) Charlie Papazian's book. For now I'm just going to get a good brew pot, a couple of glass carboys, and the small stuff (hydrometer, thermometer, sanitation stuff, syphon hardware, etc...).

I plan to get rolling with some batches by Christmas (hopefuly sooner). I have a group of friends that have gradualy spread out over a few states. Every year in May we do a 'howl at the moon' camping trip where we all get together, blow off steam, and tell lies. :tank:

My goal is to have my Homebrewing program squared away to where I can confidently bring a batch (or two) of my Homebrew to the festivities.

I also plan on getting into brewing biodiesel in the future. That's yet another project... :off:

You'll make great beers with extracts, and if you decide to go partial mash/AG you'll have the carboys and you can gradually covert over. As Denny said, building the gear is fun...thats why I went to fly sparging with the copper manifold instead of batch sparging. After a few extracts, you'll get you feet wet with sanitation proceedures, fermentation, hops, etc, etc. The hobby is similar to golf where you are always trying to improve and gain better consistency...and always wanting that one more piece of equipment.

P.S ...in case you haven't seen this: http://www.howtobrew.com

Cheers.

Back