Another homebrewer from the Twin Cities

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nunyafnb

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I have been lurking on HBT for quite some time now, and recently saw some stuff in a classified thread for sale that made me sign up for an account...

I am another fortunate homebrewer to live within a 5 minute drive of Northern Brewer and a 15-20 minute drive of Midwest Supplies. I live in Roseville, which is just North of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. I've been brewing for about 3 years or so, and was just doing some extract brewing every once in a while with a buddy until he moved last fall, and so then I had to make a decision about whether I was going to continue on my own... It wasn't a hard decision. :)

So, I bought the first Groupon for a basic brew kit and ingredient kit from Midwest, and have been building my equipment since. I am still extract brewing (mostly because I live in an apartment) and at some point I might like to move to all grain, but extract is still good enough for me for now. I've already brewed 7 batches (2 are Apfelwein, so I guess only 5 actually "brewed") my own since December. Been doing a lot of reading and some experimenting. Had a couple of "OMG I think I screwed it up big time!!" moments with a couple of the batches and so I did my best to RDWHAHB, and of course they turned out just fine.

I just recently purchased a 2 keg setup from Midwest a little while ago, and I think I got a line on a Sanyo 4912M that I'm hoping to pick up this weekend to convert to a kegerator. Right now, there's a batch of cream ale and a batch of Apfelwein sitting under pressure waiting to be cooled. I had them out on my deck for a bit a few weeks ago, and got to try some kegged beer cold, and I'm totally stoked. I'm also hoping to pick up at least one more keg so I can do some bulk aging of a third beer and have a backup keg while the two in the kegerator are consumed.

Right now I have the cream ale and the Apfelwein kegged, a tripel that I brewed in January that's been sitting in a 3 month!!! primary since brew day (1/1/11! Still have to come up with a clever name for that one... been thinking maybe Trifecta Tripel) I just sampled it about a week ago, and I think it's gonna be great when I keg most and bottle some to age! Also have another batch of Apfelwein, and a Pete's Wicked Ale clone in fermentation. Already drank the first batch of Irish Red I made, and am currently drinking the remainder of a batch of Caribou Slobber (Moose Drool clone from NB) that I bottled in February.

Man, this intro got wordy! I'm really enjoying this hobby, and looking forward to many years of brewing! For those of you close by, feel free to PM me and we can sample some of each other's homebrew (I'd love to have some feedback/tips from some of you veterans!) or we can go grab a brew.

Prost!
-JP

Howdy! I grew up in Highland Park but am now out on the west side sticks.

Back