Programming TS2-010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knbobick

Reaction score
I replaced the thermostat in an old upright freezer and installed a TS2 controller. It seemed to work just fine for the first four hours or so. Then the it simply 'shut off'. What I mean by that is that the freezer had power, but the controller did not. I checked all of the wiring and I have continuity in both power supply lines from the wall to the inputs of the controller. While standing behind the freezer looking at the schematic trying to figure out what I might have missed, (fuze, etc) the controller magically turned back on and the compressor started cooling again!?!

I am wondering if I have it programmed wrong or if there is something wrong with the temp controller. Here is what I set:

SP: 50
r0: 1
r1: 48
r2: 52
d0: Co
d2: 0
d8: 0

All other values were left at default values.

Keith

I had mine do that. When I wired it up I didn't bypass the defrost loop. When it went into defrost it would cut power to the controller then come back on in 15 minutes or so after the dish cycle ran.

I did not do that. Thanks for that one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

So I looked at the schematic and it appears that all I need to do is remove the timer and wire the black line going into the timer to the orange line out. I have the TS2 powered via that orange line and the white line from the wall. Can I get a sanity check on that? (There was big duh moment when I looked at the schematic and saw the timer switch.)

IMG_20140101_190250_351.jpg

Back