PRE ORDER SALE - Keg DRY hop filter from Nor Cal Brewing $35 SHIPPED (US only)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My filter is going on quite the adventure. From CA to MA in two days, now it's back in CA. Gotta love the postal service.

Arrived and in use as we type! After one day with one oz of chinook it's turning out better than I could have hoped. Thanks!

Mine arrived. Short enough to fit in my 2.5 and 3 gal kegs so stoked about that! Anyone use this w pellet hops yet? Plan is to brew a NE style pale ale racking into the keg with these w pellets (and possible some sugar to keg condition) and then push into another keg. Put on gas and co2. Drink hazy and fresh.

Decided to order one. Can't wait to try it out! :ban::mug:

Well I can't wait for you to try it out either. Keep me posted!

Mine arrived. Short enough to fit in my 2.5 and 3 gal kegs so stoked about that! Anyone use this w pellet hops yet? Plan is to brew a NE style pale ale racking into the keg with these w pellets (and possible some sugar to keg condition) and then push into another keg. Put on gas and co2. Drink hazy and fresh.

I like your style!

Cheers
Jay

I got mine the other day -- thanks for the little packet of hops.

The box got a little crunked which dented the screen. I was able to gently squeeze it out to near perfect so it's probably not worth a return/exchange. Just thought I'd mention that the thin box and bubble wrap didn't hold up to my delivery stream.

Mine finally arrived after the USPS screwed up and sent it from coast to coast 3 times. It appears to be in tip top shape, and the hops were a nice bonus. I look forward to using it.

How many oz of hops is everyone using in this? Any one try to challenge it to the point the hops swelled into a solid impenetrable mass?

I ordered one today. I forgot to put my username in the comment box. Order #12204. Looking forward to trying it out!

Ok. Hoppy red in kegs w 4 oz per keg. One w LA3 yeast and one w a Belgian Saison strain. This weekend is 7 days on hops. Will taste and once happy crash cool and transfer to new kegs. Curious to open up the kegs and see how the hops look.

Anyone have any kegged beer using these yet? Curious on what people think. Is extraction slower than loose in carboy?

Very happy with purchasing one! I use pellet hops and was surprised by how much less trub I have at the bottom now as most hop material remains in the filter.

Ok. Hoppy red in kegs w 4 oz per keg. One w LA3 yeast and one w a Belgian Saison strain. This weekend is 7 days on hops. Will taste and once happy crash cool and transfer to new kegs. Curious to open up the kegs and see how the hops look.

Anyone have any kegged beer using these yet? Curious on what people think. Is extraction slower than loose in carboy?

I went 10 days then pushed to a new keg. Beer has a haze from all the hop goodness. Next time I'll fine it as I guess I like it clearer. Excellent hop aroma and flavor and these things do keep trub out.

It is not noticeably slower my double IPA came out tasting the same as always and I have two 4 day dry hops.

@Jaybird, I have been eyeing this for weeks... Ok well maybe months. Whenever you posted this deal! Anyhow I pulled the trigger just now. Order Number: 12389 It's my birthday (Sunday) gift to myself!!!! :ban: There I'm justified in my latest home brew equipment purchase! ;)

@Jaybird, I have been eyeing this for weeks... Ok well maybe months. Whenever you posted this deal! Anyhow I pulled the trigger just now. Order Number: 12389 It's my birthday (Sunday) gift to myself!!!! :ban: There I'm justified in my latest home brew equipment purchase! ;)

WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHA'.....

Thanks for the order!

Cheers
Jay

I got one of these already and it's great! Looking at ordering another one and wondering how long the turn around is at this point. Don't want to order it and then have it arrive when out of town for holidays.

Still pre ordering? And what's the turn around time looking like?

@popquizkid Yes still in the pre order spot on the site. This thread has stayed so active I was just leaving them here. We are shipping them next day. Order today, ships tomorrow. Most are getting them across the country in 2 days or less.

Cheers
Jay

Second one ordered!

Nice product and love to support businesses that support the forum.

Latest posts

Back