Potentially first infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankerzc

Reaction score
Hello, I started this one gallon batch two weekends ago and it had a very vicious active fermentation (my first time using LalBrew New England Dry Yeast). All visual activity stopped a week after yeast pitching with some yeast making up the airlock (this was my first time seeing that happen). I have now gotten set-up to bottle and I'm wondering if my batch is wasted or if it's okay. I opened the airlock to sniff it and it smells quite pleasant. Unfortunately I do not have a hydrometer yet, so I do not know about the OG vs FG point.

Any information would help!

Attachments

• IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 34
Hello, I started this one gallon batch two weekends ago and it had a very vicious active fermentation (my first time using LalBrew New England Dry Yeast). All visual activity stopped a week after yeast pitching with some yeast making up the airlock (this was my first time seeing that happen). I have now gotten set-up to bottle and I'm wondering if my batch is wasted or if it's okay. I opened the airlock to sniff it and it smells quite pleasant. Unfortunately I do not have a hydrometer yet, so I do not know about the OG vs FG point.

Any information would help!

side shot of the carboy

Attachments

• IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 26
Back