Pickle bucket used for starsan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwolfe04

Reaction score
My work gets pickles in 5 gallon buckets. I took home some of the buckets and was wondering if it would be okay to keep some of my starsan in one. I know the bucket is food safe my only concern is after washing and scrubbing a numerous of times there is still a slight pickle smell. Is this okay?

I wouldn't scrub as it would create scratches, but I would soak it in PBW for a couple of days. Only way to tell is check the PH of the Starsan. But I would think after a good soak, you should be fine.

deepcdan99 said:
I wouldn't scrub as it would create scratches, but I would soak it in PBW for a couple of days. Only way to tell is check the PH of the Starsan. But I would think after a good soak, you should be fine.

Okay I soaked in PBW for about 24hrs so I think I'm gonna give it a shot. What should the PH of Starsan be?

Mom works in a school cafeteria and I get those things by the ton. I let them air out in a shed for about a year but I use them for everything. Trying to convince her they need to order barrels so I can get new a fermenter.

Mom works in a school cafeteria and I get those things by the ton. I let them air out in a shed for about a year but I use them for everything. Trying to convince her they need to order barrels so I can get new a fermenter.

LOLOL:ban:

Back