Perlick 630SS quality issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently purchased four Perlick 630SS for my kegerator build and found that two of the four were not sealing correctly. One would need to apply an inordinate amount of handle pressure to get the valve ball to seat forward. This was physically observable and appears to be due to the pivot point is machined too low in the body, the thread height for the handle seems to show this as well, that must be machined in one operation.

My supplier has been helpful and replaced them. Unless I just got a bad batch, this just makes me question Perlick's quality.

Good, ball sits directly in center of seal seat:
km9trGu.jpg

Bad, ball sits low on seal seat:
xBTwZxn.jpg

External comparison good on left, bad on right:
Qnh6ocf.jpg

Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/fSxzb

Good post. Excellent pictures and spot-on diagnosis.

And clearly appalling fab work by whomever is contracted by Perlick, never mind the obvious lack of QC.
How does a CNC machine get set up so differently from run to run, anyway?

Cheers! :drunk:

Interesting - I have 6 of the 630SS in my keggerator - all seal just fine.

I think you got one that slipped through QC. I have heard mostly good reviews of Perlick. And that is the reason I got mine. I have two 525ss and one 630ss. All of them have worked flawlessly from day one, about 3 1/2 years ago now.

Latest posts

Back