Peanut butter free dog treat recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F16pointy

Reaction score
Hello, just curious if anyone has a recipe for spent grain dog treats without peanut butter. My daughter has a peanut allergy so we cannot use it. But I'm sure our new puppy would love some treats! Thanks!

Hello, just curious if anyone has a recipe for spent grain dog treats without peanut butter. My daughter has a peanut allergy so we cannot use it. But I'm sure our new puppy would love some treats! Thanks!

Hmmm, just curious....does your daughter eat dog treats? Why can't you use peanut butter for your dog treats?

I know my dog likes it off the compost also, but I try to keep him off. I''m afraid of those bad fungus.. I dont even know if spent grain can get that stuff. edit** it s very humid down here and it grows mold and all sorts of things quick.

Hmmm, just curious....does your daughter eat dog treats? Why can't you use peanut butter for your dog treats?

all some people have to do is get around it.. and dogs can be messy leaving residue around.

The dog eats it and the peanut butter residue is on his mouth/tongue. He licks her and she has a reaction and then is hospitalized. So there can be no peanut butter in our house unfortunately.

I know my dog likes it off the compost also, but I try to keep him off. I''m afraid of those bad fungus.

they eat any rotten stuff - I don't even bother telling them off any more - sometimes they'll walk past a dead pigeon for a week before having a lick

my worry is when other dogs come to house - there are hops on the compost which our dogs leave alone - but I hear they can be quite toxic

I might give the treats a go at some point we've some old peanut butter on the shelf that needs using up

heh , mine was rolling on some dead mole thing the other week lol .. he's my kid that listens lmao. I didnt know that about the hops. with my real kids becoming teenagers he's probably my favorite right now lol .. told the wife we should of just had dogs :)

I love my kids but yeah teen age years ......................

they eat any rotten stuff - I don't even bother telling them off any more - sometimes they'll walk past a dead pigeon for a week before having a lick

my worry is when other dogs come to house - there are hops on the compost which our dogs leave alone - but I hear they can be quite toxic

I might give the treats a go at some point we've some old peanut butter on the shelf that needs using up

According to our vet hops are extremely toxic to dogs. She said that and yeast can kill a dog. Apparently dogs can create ethanol in their stomachs from any type of yeast.

Back