• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Pay it forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like he said above, bargainfittings is the best price I've seen. I ordered some last week, fast shipping!

Brewinternational.com has high temp 1/2 silicone tubing for 1.55/foot. They've got some excellent prices on a lot of stuff and I've been pretty pleased. Was initially pretty unsure as the site has basically no reputation, but I've ordered from them several times now and been pleased with both prices and products.

Any new pay-it-forward offerings. I'm a newb looking to build my gear, and want to transition from pails to carboys. Also looking for a wort chiller and burner.

Yeah, there's not much used stuff in my area at reasonable prices. I stalk it pretty regularly.

Looks like I am a day late and dollar short. Hope another one these threads pop up again. I have been brewing only for about 3 months and only one gallons. Want to get into 5 gallons though.

If you stay in touch here, and with other brewers, you'll eventually benefit from brew generosity. But the best thing they can share is knowledge. Five gallon brewing only requires a bigger pot and a bigger fermenter. The fermenter can be an Ale Pail or similar, $15? The pot is more expensive, but need not be crazy. If your stove can't handle full boils, do half boils. Even so, for about $100 you can upgrade to 5 gallon BiAB and outdoor burner. I brewed for over a year with a 20qt pot on my stove, including strong ales. Keep us posted and brew on!

For many years I brewed in a small pot and topped off to the 5 gallons when putting it in the bucket, so you really don't need a 15 gallon or need to brew full batches. If you do all grain then you'll need it but there are ways you can work around that too.

Looks like I am a day late and dollar short. Hope another one these threads pop up again. I have been brewing only for about 3 months and only one gallons. Want to get into 5 gallons though.
If you're wanting to get larger batches very inexpensively, I'd suggest you go to the BIAB sub forum of the All-Grain Brewing forum, and especially check out threads by @RM-MN and @Owly055 . Small batches with minimal investment and great results.

Does anyone have 1 or 2 caps for the S type airlock a and/or a clamp for a half inch auto siphon? Asking here before I go buy one in case someone has a piece sitting around they haven't thrown out.

You mean a hose clamp or the clamp to hold the siphon to the container?

The clamp to hold the siphon to a carboy or bucket. I'm not sure my local shops gave the 1/2" clamp because I don't recall seeing the 1/2" siphon locally.

Anyone need a stir plate?
stirrer3-65915.jpg

stirrer1-65913.jpg

you pay $10 towards postage/packing - complete with 1" stir-bar

Box size : 7x7x2.75

pro's : IT WORKS
con's : Only controls over last 1/4 of pot travel (I cobbled it together and this was only potentiometer I could find)

I have a few new rubber o rings for corny kegs and I think for the poppits I'll put up pics tonight

Anyone need a stir plate?
stirrer3-65915.jpg

stirrer1-65913.jpg

you pay $10 towards postage/packing - complete with 1" stir-bar

Box size : 7x7x2.75

pro's : IT WORKS
con's : Only controls over last 1/4 of pot travel (I cobbled it together and this was only potentiometer I could find)

Is this still available?

Back