Ordered an equipment kit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massey

Reaction score
Hi all,
My name is Lee and I joined Homebrewtalk.com a week or so ago, and love it. Did a few 1 gallon batches of cider and mead which turned out horrible (I used baking yeast, and no secondary or aging). But I know with the right equipment and better ingredients, I should be able to make some great stuff. I have a 6 gallon winemaking kit on the way. I plan on making a batch or two of simple cider, then my boss at work wants me to make mead with him using my equipment. I will probably buy a second carboy so I can then proceed to making some wine and more cider while the mead is doing its thing. I know it's not "brewing", but I wanted to start with wines and ciders first. Less equipment (to get started, anyway) and it's not as complicated as brewing beer (on a basic level, that is... I am sure it can all get as complicated as we want to make it). I have enjoyed reading through posts and recipes on this forum and I can't make to build a homemade wine/cider/mead collection!

I love beer and will get to making it eventually. I am sure I will just keep getting myself deeper and deeper into this... lol.

Cheers,
Lee M.

Back