OPPS Barley Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelisHubby

Reaction score
Well for the benefit of Newbies such as myself. My Second brew was Jim Rossis Honey pale Ale. Well I got distracted by wifes and Grandkids and I missed my OG It started at 1.061 and finished at 1.006 this was because I used a Extra 1/2 lb dlme and boiled probably a extra 20 + minutes. This was a extract beer that fermented cooler than my first which was the same beer temp the second time was between 68 to 70 for 18 day then a 2 day cold crash and 7 days in the Keg before trying. It is Strong on the malt and honey with a mild alcohol taste. My first thought is it needs more hops. But in reality I probably just need to drink it as it Aint to bad but it does kick a little. any suggestions from those that have been here before? Sorry for my poor typing but I might be under the influence. Cheers!:drunk:

well I am trying this Again. I still don't know why the mild alcohol taste. maybe the third time is a charm.

Hello, I believe I have a infection the source I am not sure of. This was my second brew, My first brew I force carbed and some beer went up the CO2 line maybe the regulator. The taste has went from very nice wort and green beer before I put it in the keg to a Sour smell and Taste. The Sour Taste and smell seems to be getting stronger. I can change the lines and sanitize the Keg easy enough but what about the regulator. Mind you that I am a Newbie that is still trying to learn the ropes. Right now I don't feel good about dumping the beer but I don't see a good alternative. I only have the one keg to work with. The sour smell is becoming more of bad milk. Give me some advice as to what you would do. I know I wont force carb again. Thanks and Cheers back to enjoying yellow tail Kolce beer.

Latest posts

Back