Opinions on a Magnum/saphir dipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcquesten

Reaction score
Thinking of trying a dipa using Magnum for bittering and saphir for flavor/aroma, then dry hopping with one or both. Can anyone offer an opinion on doing this? I know it won't be super-citrusy or grapefruity and that's kinda what I'm going for. More like a German ipa, similar to Stone's 17th anniversary Götterdammerung. I'll definitely be using both of these, but would also like to hear opinions as to additional varieties to consider in this recipe, and suggested hop schedule. A quick search for the 17th anniversary lists what Stone used (Magnum, Herkules, Merkur, Opal, Smaragd, Strisselspalt, German Hersbrucker, Sterling), so I'm aware of those. Assume a 5.5 gal. batch, 60 minute boil, and a basic 2-row/crystal (maybe a bit of Munich) recipe at around 9-9.5% abv and 100-ish ibu. Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, I brewed this about 6 days ago. We'll see how it turns out. I'll have my own opinion.

Latest posts

Back