Not-So-Secret-Santa Christmas Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great. I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well we did have a 100 post minimum to join rule but in previous swaps we have allowed up to 3 people to join that didn't make the minimum. So for the sake of growing the list you are in unless anyone has any objections to bending the rules a little.

Well we did have a 100 post minimum to join rule but in previous swaps we have allowed up to 3 people to join that didn't make the minimum. So for the sake of growing the list you are in unless anyone has any objections to bending the rules a little.

I say all rules are meant to be bent!:D

I won't have anything new bottled by then, but I've got some stuff worth sending. Had to check my inventory, but I'm in! PM Sent

Let em in, use the rules from the other swaps, no problemo

Rules from other swaps meaning 3 exceptions to the post limit rule? Or unlimited exceptions? Just want to be clear.

I'm removing the post limits all together. I'll use some discretion of course. If they just joined and their first post is to join this swap, that will obviously be a no go.

Rules from other swaps meaning 3 exceptions to the post limit .rule? Or unlimited exceptions? Just want to be clear.

I was meaning exceptions ship first and nobody ships to exceptions until the package they sent landed, I've seen many different swaps on here and that's the way all of them handled it

I was meaning exceptions ship first and nobody ships to exceptions until the package they sent landed, I've seen many different swaps on here and that's the way all of them handled it

I like that but with the Dec 15th shipping deadline it may be well after Xmas that the other parties received theirs.

Thanks for making an exception for me, and I have no problem shipping first. With the Nov. 28th cutoff if you get me an address quickly I will get my package out the door. I would appreciate some guidelines since this is the first swap I am participating in. I saw the 48oz min. What is typical? Bombers?, 12 oz's, just 48oz total or more like a six pack?

Lastly, I have about 4 different brews on tap right now that I can run to bottles for this (assuming nothing kicks in the next week), is it better to send a bigger selection or just the best stuff?

Thanks for any feedback, and Goat, thanks for putting this together. This type of thing is what makes the HB community so awesome.

Thanks for making an exception for me, and I have no problem shipping first. With the Nov. 28th cutoff if you get me an address quickly I will get my package out the door. I would appreciate some guidelines since this is the first swap I am participating in. I saw the 48oz min. What is typical? Bombers?, 12 oz's, just 48oz total or more like a six pack?

Lastly, I have about 4 different brews on tap right now that I can run to bottles for this (assuming nothing kicks in the next week), is it better to send a bigger selection or just the best stuff?

Thanks for any feedback, and Goat, thanks for putting this together. This type of thing is what makes the HB community so awesome.

The size and type of bottles is totally up to you. I typically just send 12 oz bottles unless I'm sending wine or mead. Otherwise I posted a link in the first post on how to ship beer so give that read. As far as which of your beers you should send that is also totally up to you. Obviously if you know it's bad for what ever reason you probably should not send it to someone as a gift.

Add me to the list please! Pm sent. This will be my first time doing this type of thing. Pretty excited!

Well I'm on the fence with capping it. Did cross my mind. I'll let the general consensus decided.

Do you guys want to cap it at 30 or let it run?

I don't mind either way.

Well I'm on the fence with capping it. Did cross my mind. I'll let the general consensus decided.

Do you guys want to cap it at 30 or let it run?

I don't mind either way.

You're the one that has to run it, so I think it should be up to you. If more than 30 people is going to be to difficult for you to keep track of, then cap it.

You're the one that has to run it, so I think it should be up to you. If more than 30 people is going to be to difficult for you to keep track of, then cap it.

My big concern was that if people flake then I will have to ship to multiple people and that could get expensive if multiple people flake on me. And the risk gets higher with the number of people in the swap. So yes I will cap it at 30. With the exception of adding people with a proven track record of being reliable in swaps, I'll make that decision if they pm me and ask.

My only thinking is the more people involved the higher risks of people not sending home brew out.

That was my thinking as well. I really didn't think we would get as many as we have so far. I'm going to cap at 30 but I will still allow people with proven track records in previous swaps. I still want the list to grow. Just want to mitigate some risk.

My big concern was that if people flake then I will have to ship to multiple people and that could get expensive if multiple people flake on me.

Woah, that's generous of you, but I wouldn't expect you to ship to anyone other than your own recipient. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I think everyone involved understands that there is some inherent risk with these swaps.

Back