Not-So-Secret-Santa Christmas Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfgoat

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wanted to see if I could drum up some interest for a big Christmas swap.

Participant List:

1. Sfgoat
2. Johnnyhitch1
3. Jtd_419
4. Cmoewes
5. Campbellmike
6. Pointcity-homebrew
7. Coyote68
8. finsfan
9. Poptarts
10. Hello
11. Keith_O
12. abeasst
13. inkman15
14. bford
15. Weezy
16. nmfree
17. Sloanfamilydsm
18. Wolfhound180
19. Jakeasaur
20. Mufflerbearing
21. liquidflame
22. RussPDX
23. BGBC
24. Marckw
25. jrowland74
26. eatmorefrogs
27. DisturbdChemist
28. BrewWho
29. Gentlemans_Ale

This swap format and swap in general have the blessings of TxBrew respectively. HOMEBREW is the focus and not an Extra! So without further ado here are the details.

Here are the rules for this round:

- Total volume minimum is 48 oz. This can include homebrew beer, apfelwein, mead, wine, commercial craft brews, etc.

-Please post when you ship.

-When you receive your package, please post a pic and tasting notes as you drink them. Everyone likes to see feedback and feedback of others, that's what makes this so fun, so please please participate.

-When you see that someone has received your package, please post a brief (or not so brief :) ) message on what brew is what and other notes you want everyone to know.

-As I start getting participants, I will post their names on this first post.

-Pms are fine, but please post taste notes and general chit chat in this forum so everyone can see all the great brews.

- I will close the list to new entrants on 11/28/2014. You are to ship your box BY 12/15/2014 .

- No negative iTrader feedback to be eligible.

-If you wish to join you may post your interest here and then pm me your address and I will add your name to the list.

-Participants will be assigned to each other at random and I will pm you the address to whom you are shipping after the list is closed on 11/28/2014.

-For info on how to ship beer please read this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=93042

Thanks everyone. Let's have some fun.

Sfgoat

This sounds fun, found a bunch of stock in the crawl space and most is pretty good being 3+ years on some bottles.

Shipping window would also give me time to settle into my new place.

Count me in!

I am in, I have some one gallon batches that should be ready by then

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

Might have to invest in some tubing and bottles. johnnyhitch1 when you are bottling straight from taps do you hit with any extra CO2 or just fill and cap?

I'd like to join in, just not sure I want to subject anyone to my homebrew... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oh, what the hell, I shouldn't just disappoint myself with my homebrew.

Might have to invest in some tubing and bottles. johnnyhitch1 when you are bottling straight from taps do you hit with any extra CO2 or just fill and cap?

Cap on foam. In essence foam contains co2 so there is no need to purge headspace (if any)

Why don't you walk through your process and share the details for those that are interested.

1. Make sure bottles are clean and free of debris, spray with sanitizer and swoosh for ~30 seconds then dump.

2. Close valves to tank (or remove QD from keg if you don't have a splitter) and bleed keg down to 1-3psi (start at 1 and once you get used to process you can raise the pressure)

3. Sanitize how ever many bottles worth of caps in a small dish.

4. I usually set up a ottoman with the top of a large pot as my "overflow catch"

5. Pop open the taps to dispense flat/stale beer in line on "overflow catch" (only about an oz or 2, there are calculators online to measure the amount of beer your lines how depending on length)

6.Hold bottle at a 45* angle to the tap and open the valve, at this point if you find you have a problem with foam you can do 1 of 2 things. Bleed more pressure out of the keg OR chill your bottles before filling.

7.Once you see the bottle 75% full start to level (straighten ) off, at this point when it hits the "neck" of the bottle its hard to prevent foam but technically you want a decent amount when the bottle is filled (ill explain this next) Push as much foam out of the bottle as possible and then CAP on the foam.

Reason of capping on foam is that foam is compromised of 75% co2 (prob just made that number up) and thus "purging" the headspace of the beer (if there is any left after filling.

Any questions shoot me a PM or ask here!
Hope this helped for anyone on the fence about joining this swap that doesn't bottle!

Cheers!

Am I in? Have not seen the list updated in a while, figured you were just waiting to do it all at once... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back