Newbie from Harrisburg PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARLStein

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just started to homebrew (literally 2 weeks ago) and am already obsessed haha. I've been lurking this website since before I got my starter kit for Christmas.. from my girlfriend - I don't think she knows what she's done yet! :D

Anyway, I'm only one batch in (pre-packaged ingredient kit) and have already found myself researching Corny keg setups, kegerator DIY's and All Grain Brewing.

I'll definitely have questions along the way. Thinking about buying some Non-Reconditioned Pin-Lock or Ball-Lock kegs and reconditioning them myself for starters.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Welcome Aboard! I'm originally from the Reading area before I moved south and turned in my "Yankee Card".

Lot's of great folks here with great info, and willing to help. I would have started all grain much sooner if this site would have been around in the early 90's.

Get a solid technique and process down with dry malt extracts, and steeping specialty grains (starting with only light malt unhopped extract) and you'll be well on your way to some of the best beer you have ever tasted!

:mug:

Just in case you weren't aware of them, stop by scotzin bros for some of your stuff. Pretty good local shop, with a good selection.

One catch is they don't take cards....cash and check only. Ok 2 catches. they're only open wednesday and Saturday.

Scotzin Bros.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm currently "studying" with 2 books right now.. the book by Charlie Pappazian and the other by John Palmer.

I've checked out Scotzin Bros.. actually my first trip to the store was their holiday party haha.

Thanks again for the welcome, I'll definitely be trying to tap into everyones knowledge.

Back