New member from Boise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDMaynard

Reaction score
Hello all, names Doug I have been brewing for about 11 years now, all grain, full electric set up with a BIAB setup for travel.

Looking at some software controls for my fermenting set up (conical's with Inkbird controllers), thinking it would be nice to get a little more control over the heating/cooling profiles.

Any suggestions would be welcome (programing skills are limited) :cool:

Welcome to the forum Doug.

I work as a SCADA System Developer (programmer by trade), but unfortunately I don't have any experience with automation on the cold side, I'm pretty old school for that. I've only used simple temp controllers, like the STC-1000 or Johnson, similar to Inkbirds. Hopefully someone will come along with some helpful advice.

A lot of us are starting to use Ignition to brew with, since they now offer a free license for home use. This project doesn't have any cold side stuff yet, but I'm sure others are doing it. Probably not what your looking for but thought I would mention it anyway.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/thread...esters-needed-for-open-source-project.687167/
Cheers!

Back