New Brewer in San Marcos, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pursefinger

Reaction score
Greetings from San Marcos.
I decided to join now that I am officially a home brewer instead of a knowledge seeker. I started my first batch of LME brown ale last Sunday. I would say it is going great, but what do I know?
I'm using a plastic primary bucket and will be transferring to a glass carboy for secondary, mainly because the kit came with those. I was so starry eyed at AHS that I forgot Irish Moss, and I'm just gonna let it ride.
No matter what, I'm excited to brew and look forward to learning and sharing.
Cheers!:mug:

Welcome from not so far away Houston. I wouldn't worry to much about the Irish Moss, I haven't noticed that much of a difference since I started using in from when I used nothing to clear. Cheers

Welcome to HBT, likewise I hail from Texas, Houston to be exact. Been brewing for about a year and it's become a very addicting hobby. Love to learn and do almost everything DIY. Currently working on a bunch of SMASH recipes to develop an appreciation for the ingredients.

Purse, welcome! Hope your
brew turned out well. We tried my first batch Saturday. It was Falconers Flight IPA from AHS also. Came out great. People asking for more. Brewing lighter beers also for these HOT Central Texas summers. Keep us up to date.
--~~-~~_-_-----
Drinking- Falconers Flight IPA
Bottle conditioning- American Red.

Prime1- 6point Resin clone
Prime2- Bums Easy Brew 1. My 1st homemade recipe

Ready to brew1- Honey malt brew.
Ready to brew2- Left hand milk stout clone.

Planning1- Pliny the Elder clone.
Planning2- Porter w/bourbon,soaking in oak chips at this time.

Back