New Brew stand, need burner help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the yellow has lines rated for high pressure? That's what I wanted to use for mine. I bought some from Lowes and got them home and realized there only good for .5PSI and I have a 0-30 PSI reg.

Are the yellow has lines rated for high pressure? That's what I wanted to use for mine. I bought some from Lowes and got them home and realized there only good for .5PSI and I have a 0-30 PSI reg.

Thanks, after some research you are right, I orderd some high pressure SS braided tubing yesterday. Have to wait another week to fire it. Can't wait!!!!!!!

I love to come home from work to find out that the UPS santa dropped off a Brew Pressent!!!!!!!!!!
DSC00494.JPG

I have the same burners on a fryer I purchased from Agrisupply. What a cool place to shop, they are only a 20 minute drive from me. They came with a 10 PSI regulator. I can get my 5 gallon batches boiling in about 25 minutes. They are very sweet!

Finely got the propane supply hose and regulator and now I have to wait till the burner’s SS high pressure hoses come Monday. The temperature probe cables come tomorrow so I can complete the 3 remote temp probe. Baby steps closer to my first all grain brew!!!!!:mug:

I recieved my 3 ball valves today from Bobby_M at redding homebrew. Love them, Thanks Bobby

Awesome build! I'm in the planning stages of what appears to be a very similar setup. What are you planning for gas and pilot valves as well as pilot itself? Since you are planning on running high pressure, your solution for this is going to be of great interest to me. I've been trying to figure out the 'best' way of implementing the control aspect and just keep getting confused by what works for high pressure and what doesn't as well as the debate over whether to use a pilot of electronic ignition.

Good luck and congratulations on the progress! Ryan

Just brewed my first batch with the same burner today. All I can say is wow!!. I boiled 6.5 gallons of wort from my mash tun in less than 10 minutes. I did however learn a very important lesson. I have a 10 PSI regulator and using the regulator wide open and the valve on the propane wide open is too much. Had a boil over when I was running wide open. Dialed the regulator and valve back and didn't have a problem.

I sent my keggles to welding shop to tig weld the SS coupler into them and when I got them back I realized that where I had them put the site glass coupler was right over a hole in bottom of the keggles. My bad!!!!!! So I made a heat shield for underside of keggles and then welded close the whole on each keggle. It seemed too worked very well.

DSC02576.JPG

DSC02577.JPG

DSC02578.JPG

DSC02583.JPG

DSC02584.JPG

DSC02585.JPG

DSC02654.JPG

DSC02655.JPG

wasnt there a post on here about NOT welding those holes shut b/c someone's keg exploded or seomthing?

no not those holes, it's the small holes on the bottom surface of the rim. The flat surface that contacts the ground. I made sure that the rim had plenty of those.

This is a spreadsheet I have been keeping so far it is not completed but the metal and dimensions are on it.

All Grain Brew Stand
Metal
Frame
2" x 2" x 0.060" Walled Tubing
L 62” X W18.5” X H28.5” Ground to top of working platform
Quantity Size
5 58" Rail and top bars
9 14.5" Horizontal cross bars on top (6) and bottom (3)
2 25" Front leg bars
2 29" Rear leg bars
4 19" Vertical supports

Contro Panel
1 Pannel $157.00 $157.00
3 Temp Guages (LOVE) $38.50 $115.50
3 Temp Probes $9.00 $27.00

Total $299.50

Burner Mounts
12 9.5" Burner Frame
12 3" x 2" x 1/8" Burner Mount

Caster Mount, Pump Mount x 1, and Panel Mount Plate
5 4" x 3" x 1/8" Plate
1 3" x 10" x 1/8" Plate
4 Roller Casters

Equipment
Burners
3 10" banyo Burners

Gas Bar
3 1/2" Gas Valves
1 3/8" male x 1/2" female Gas Valves
3 16" x 1/2" threaded Black Pipe
2 1/2" x 1/2" x 1/2" Black pipe T's
1 1/2" 90 Degree angle Black pipe
1 1/2" Black Pipe female to female Coupler
4 1/2" Black Pipe male to male Coupler
3 3' x 1/2" LP Gas hose

Pump (s)
2 March Pump 809 High Temp Pump $110.00 $220.00
10' 1/2" silicone tubing $2.10 $21.00

Total $241.00

Keegles
Tig Welding of 9 SS Couplers ($125)
1 11" Sanke Stainless Steel False Bottom $39.00 $39.00
100' SS 1/2" coiled Tubing (immersion chiller & Sparging Ring)
1 1/2" "T" Fitting
11 Tri-clover Set $28.50 $341.50
2 Temp Guages $33.00 $66.00
1 Sanke False Bottom Stainless Steel Adapter $17.95 $17.95

Total $464.45

I got the electrical wiring and other two mechanical temp guages installed in the keggles done today!!!! Turned out great check out the pictures:
DSC02685.JPG

DSC02686.JPG

DSC02688.JPG

Very nice!! I really like the electronic box you made and the engraving/monograming looks great......Very professional. I think it is very unique how you have the temp probes wired through the stand and how the main probe wiring plugs into the hidden portion. Your giving me some excellent ideas for my stand.

Thanks, I learned so much doing this, and from everybody on HomeBrewTalk!!!! :mug: I am almost ready to drew just waiting on some tri-clovers and I will be done:tank:

Worked on the kegs this evening:
IMG_0806.JPG

This is my boil pot, at the bottom is the jet Circulation and then at the top will be the Stainless Steel immersion cooler waiting on SS Compresion fittings

Grain pot
IMG_0807.JPG

This has the false bottom but at the top it will have a stainless Steel sparging ring at the top, I am waiting on the SS Tee to arrive so I can install that!!!

Hi Shawn,

Your rig is awesome. :mug: I've taken so much from your build thread. I am planning a build of my own somewhat like yours...maybe not as heavy duty. I wanted to ask. I found the love temp controllers like you have. i like their sleek design and they are priced right. I cannot seem to find the timers you have on your panel. they have the same sleek simple design i like. do you have a product number or site? Also, and this may be reaching a little but you dont happen to have your front panel designer file still handy do you? I'd love to have something to reference when building my panel. I'm going with a different design but i'd like to make sure of my specs on the holes. :cross: Also, the power going to your panel...what voltage is it? again...awesome rig man.

M

THANK YOU SWAGMAN!!!!!!!!! I received my tri-clovers swagman made for me today and can I tell you BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE them. If anybody is torn on a connection device, well let me tell you these tri-clovers are great and swagman does an outrageously beautiful job cheep!!!!!! Thanks swagman!!!!:mug:

DSC02856.JPG

:ban:

hey shawn,

sorry to pester you again...i cant promist to stop...lol. :confused: I had a quick question about your temp probes. Exactly how do they attach to the keggles?

Back