Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so its Transverse Range, but not San Gabriels... You said west of Mt. Wilson, so it's not in the San Bernardino Mountains. It's not definitely not Mt Lee, as there are too many antennae (and snow). The snow probably rules out the Santa Monicas and Verdugo mountains. The rocks in the foreground suggest that it's somewhere in the Santa Susana Mountains. There's snow, so it must be above 2500 ft. The highest peak in the Santa Susanas is Oat Mountain, so I'm going with that.

I lived in Pasadena from 2004-2007, so remember the big spring 2005 rain that brought snow right down to a couple of thousand feet!

OK, don’t think I’ve posted this one before. I’ll take the name of the lake, or any of the towns on the lake.

IMG_5661.jpeg

@InspectorJon’s Somethingsee is closest so far. The town that shares the same name as the lake isn’t quite visible in the picture, but has an eponymous brewery that makes some of the best helles I’ve ever had.

Those big lakes in Bavaria are beautiful.
So, here's mine, the building in the foreground is my very favorite brewery.

Attachments

• 69c9afc9e9841094ae0c18ffbeced448.jpg
    69c9afc9e9841094ae0c18ffbeced448.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 27
I think I'd have a pretzel, a brat, and an Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel at the Andechs Braustuberl.
Untitled.png

EDIT: in response to later posts - Andechs, Bavaria, Germany

Last edited:
Please realize, @Irenjcombs, that the picture you posted had a URL on it that could be used to get the answer. :p
This is from 1990; no "Somethingsee" that I know of here:

1990 1.png

Feels like the Alps, we're clearly in a German-speaking part of the world.

I can't remember my continental postboxes well enough, I think it's Austrian rather than German?

So on the basis that we might be being topical, I'll say the only Austrian host of the Winter Olympics - Innsbruck.

Not Innsbruck, Austria; it is not Austrian rather than German; it is Alps and German-speaking, (Only topical in relation to recent skyline postings, Cincinnati aside.)

Last edited:
I saw that town in several different places, if you know what I mean. I spent three weeks in the German speaking alps once. We were visiting my daughter when she was being a barista at the Edelweiss Lodge in Garmish. I'll guess Oberammergau, Germany as a winnowing tool. I think most of those towns had a eponymous brewery.

Isn't that where they have the summer slides? I remember going there as a kid
I don't know about the slides. It is most famous for the Passion Play they put on every ten years. We just stopped there when traveling from Munich to Innsbruck.
Oberammergau also happens to be on the Ammer River, which starts at Ammersee which is in the background of the picture you posted with Andechs in the foreground. :p This is why I stuck with the Bavarian Alps and used Oberammergau for my post.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back