Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like Christchurch, so I think it’s Cambridge.

Err - Christchurch is in Oxford, this one is Garret Hostel Bridge with Trinity Hall on the right. Which is in Cambridge.

Another one that was all too easy for me, but I've not been on HBT for a few days!

Current one - that split level embankment makes me think of Paris?

Ah gotcha, my apologies, I assumed you meant the biggest college in Oxford (which is technically Christ Church, it's a joint foundation with the diocese).

The split embankment makes me think of the car chase in Spectre, which was set in Rome (but could have been shot anywhere)?

Otherwise the Rhine is the obvious river between Paris and Poland, although there's a couple of other big ones.

Thanks Pkrd! Indeed a nice place.
Next is easy.
halle-pic.jpg

Looks like the Rhine somewhere.

Nice try. Not so far... but Danube (or Donau) would be more correct.

This is in the neighborhood of a very famous (at least in Central Europe :) ) Dunkel, brewed in an ancient Klosterbrauerei, with a very complicated name....

Also close to a very famous Weissbier brewery, known for its open fermentation vessels. A few clones of it are posted here.

Last edited:
Exactly, Duncan! Now is your turn.

The monument on the hill is the Befreiungshalle (Liberation Hall), built to commemorate the victory over Napoleon. The other Brewery I´ve mentioned is the Weltenburger Klosterbrauerei.
Schneider Weisse, Weltenburger, Befreiungshalle, Kelheim... all of them worth the visit when in Bavaria.

Bingo! Way to go! Crazy seeing the stars n stripes over what otherwise looks like a Nazi camp. Such a beautiful, desolate area.

You’re ure back up.

Latest posts

Back