Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***DING-DING-DING*** Mannheim it is! I spent three weeks in and around Mannheim one lovely summer a decade ago. The hotel where I stayed had a pub/tavern in the bottom floor. More than one evening was spent with a dish of pork cutlets in gravy (I still remember that it was called "Huntsman's Pork" on the menu) and several dunkelweizens.

I never did see any steamrollers, though.

You're up, @beermanpete!

Let's see if this one is is easy or difficult.

skyline.jpeg

or Trboje, not sure the correct spelling

Very close , but not there yet.

This city holds one of the most famous attractions of Slovenia.
One hour west you´re in North Italy.
One hour north you´re in South Austria.

Last edited:
Point of Inquiry: Is it against the thread rules to use Google for searches such as "Slovenia attractions" or "Slovenia river cities"? I think I have the answer, but I want to come by it honestly.

The rules are simple:

1. The first person to correctly guess what skyline is posted will post a photo of a skyline that they choose, once the person confirms the guess is correct.

2. There are no limitations on where the city is or the size of the city. There are people from different countries on this forum so it will make it diverse.

3. If nobody can guess for an extended period such as a few days, then the poster can give hints to keep people guessing, or just reveal the answer and let someone else post.

4. This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method.
The last statement “or any other method” is a bit ambiguous. Perhaps we need a clarification from the OP @arnobg

Yeah, I didn't use Google image search. I Googled "Slovenia river cities" and "Slovenia top attractions," coupled with @Persevalli's other hints. If I'm judged to be out-of-order, I'll withdraw it. In the meantime...

tower.jpg

This one has special significance this week. You're looking at the air traffic control tower for the world's busiest airport.

Back