Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billings Montana?
Haha.. if the buildings were run down and instead of the picturesque waterfront there was a stockyard and a railroad through the middle.

clue: the works of Paul Revere can still be heard here on special occasions

By "works can still be heard here", I'm assuming one of his church bells.

FWIW, Revere and his sons Paul, Jr., and Joseph Warren casted 398 bells between 1792 and 1828.

Most of the bells are in New England, though there are Revere bells in Alabama, Georgia and Washington, D.C. The only Revere bell outside of the United States is in Singapore.

1. Revere bell in Bath, Maine, will ring in the New year as it has since 2002. So will the Revere bell that was moved from a defunct church to the Old South Meeting House in Boston in 2012.

2. Canton, MA.

3. 1st Unitarian Church, Providence, RI.

4. King's Chapel, Boston, MA.

5. Hampstead, NH.

6. Woodstock, VT.

7. Newcastle, ME.

8. Brooklyn, CT.

ANYONE IS WELCOME TO RESEARCH THESE PLACES FOR THE WIN...

Last edited:
Approximately one hundred years after the wreck, a delegation of Shariki village officials traveled to Bath, Maine to propose the creation of a formal relationship. Papers were signed and Bath and Shariki became sister cities.
BINGO - we have a winner! Bath, ME it is

Details on the Paul Revere bell can be found here: https://visitbath.com/about-bath-maine/history-of-the-paul-revere-bell-in-bath-maine/

Another insight into the Sister City relationship is here: http://bath-tsugaru.org/

Bath, ME is also known as "The City of Ships" with more than 5000 ships being launched in the area since it was first settled in the early 1700's, and home to Bath Iron Works, one of the oldest shipyards still in business in the United States
_MG_5804%20-%20Version%202-L.jpg

HB99 - you're up

Gyeongju Korea

I spent time in Ulsan working with a customer, and this is so much like what I saw when we took trips up to the parks in the mountains to the north/north-east on the occasional summer day off

Hahoe Korea?

the building with the steeple in this image (upper right) looks very similar to the one in yours, but from the opposite direction. there is also a similar flat topped building right by (immediately to the left in this image)
site_1324_0001-750-0-20151105160637.jpg

Mobile, AL it is!

Fun Mardi Gras facts:
Mobile was founded by a young Frenchman named Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville in 1700. The first masked ball in Mobile began in 1704, and the tradition of a parade started in 1711. The first float was a cart sporting a papier-mache cow's head.

Mobile had been the original capital city of the French Louisiana territory, but its location made locals wary of destruction by hurricane. The capital was moved to New Orleans in 1718, and the celebration followed.

http://www.allaboutmardigras.com/Features/History Features/mobile_first_mardi_gras.html

Last edited:
Back