Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is your new skyline-ish image to ponder.

Skyline.jpg

I believe its a Church in Joliet, Illinois. (Unfortunately dont remember the name.) I visited Joliet a number of times for work and remember thinking I would like to see inside it some day. Unfortunately never got the chance.

I knew this was somewhat of an obscure location. Tonight, as i crawl into my man-made cave for some rest and reflection i will find a couple of additional pictures and post them in the morning to see if that sparks any additonal ideas of what and or where this may be.

Aurora implies high latitude.
The good state of the ships implies reasonable wealth.
But in that case there's weirdly few high-rise blocks, even Bergen has more than this. So an earthquake zone?
It feels Scandinavian - is the colour of the ??ferry a hint that we're in a Scandi country with a red white and blue flag? That narrows it down to Iceland, Norway, and kindof the Faroes. But mostly blue - so Iceland? That would also fit with earthquakes.

The only big urbanisation in Iceland is Reykjavik, which has a triangular church like on the right in the form of the Hallgrímskirkja.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallgrímskirkja

Well let's stick with the seascape theme, but go somewhere a little bit warmer
1714124766244.png

Back