My insane 25 Gal, 100 Percent Hard Plumbed Tri-Clover, Automated Tippy Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preach it. Still a bit numb around the scar.

I took the tip of my thumb down to the bone in shop class on a belt grinder with 60 grit on it from a split second of focus loss. The good thing is that eventually the nerves did come back, your finger should stop tingling eventually...and the scar will disappear.

I got the top of my thumb a week ago with an SOS pad on a grinder... burned through my skin real fast.

Was grinding angle iron wearing a Hunter machine shop shirt and didn't pay attention to the material. Sparks caught it on fire and I wiped it out with my left hand. Had to pick the melted material off my skin which the skin came with. Cut myself a lot but my opinion that burn trumped them all. Lesson learned always cotton.

image-742070322.jpg

All that hard work is starting to really come together. Lookin good

kickflip_mj said:
Haha I wish I had the money too

Yeah you don't realize how much it will cost until you are knee deep and by that time there is no turning back, like a person with a gambling problem getting upside down at the blackjack table.

Bensiff said:
Yeah you don't realize how much it will cost until you are knee deep and by that time there is no turning back, like a person with a gambling problem getting upside down at the blackjack table.

Yea I don't think my wife knew what she was getting into when she got me a kit for Christmas last year. By May I jumped to all grain and now am looking to add more. I started to help with all the money I was spending on beer, but money saved just goes back into it now.

Wow... drooling into my coffee mug! I need to turn away from this thread before I start thinking seriously about which of my kids I can sell to afford a setup like that creative, cool build!

Ha that's how I feel about this too. Just a huge money pit, but so rewarding when you get done

Wow... drooling into my coffee mug! I need to turn away from this thread before I start thinking seriously about which of my kids I can sell to afford a setup like that creative, cool build!

If you sold them now... you could have an awesome brewery:D

But If you decide to go down a route like this, put some serious thought into it. These things are extremely expensive and i'm not sure how necessary.

First off your photos where awesome!!! I am so jealous of the metal flake:/

I am actually using the HBtalk ap on my iphone to post pictures. Its a lot easier then using your computer.

First off your photos where awesome!!! I am so jealous of the metal flake:/

I am actually using the HBtalk ap on my iphone to post pictures. Its a lot easier then using your computer.

Thanks

Hmmm, I looked around the app...under profile pics it wouldn't let me access that part. Think I just figured it out though.

kickflip_mj said:
Raspberry PI showed up, including wifi and SD card! Waiting for touchscreen and a ton of other crap

Well now you are getting all sorts if fancy.

Yeah I am getting really fancy. Sadly I wont be able to work on this until I get back from Oktoberfest. But hopefully I can get my panel from Panoko designed before I leave.

Oktoberfest huh? I have a friend that goes over there every year...thinks its fun to send pictures and make those of us who can't go jealous. I think its fun to send him texts early in his morning and then say "oops, forgot about the time difference."

Haha So my buddies drive to work at 5 am and love to group text the only guy who wakes up at 7 am (work from home)... guess who is getting some greetings from Germany at 3 am ?

kickflip_mj said:
Haha So my buddies drive to work at 5 am and love to group text the only guy who wakes up at 7 am (work from home)... guess who is getting some greetings from Germany at 3 am ?

At $.25 a pop, awesome

I've been reading this thread since it began.. I can't believe I haven't subscribed yet! Awesome work man, I really would like to get a Raspberry Pi to play with for my setup but the EE in me wants to custom design my own circuitry

I've been reading this thread since it began.. I can't believe I haven't subscribed yet! Awesome work man, I really would like to get a Raspberry Pi to play with for my setup but the EE in me wants to custom design my own circuitry

I really appreciate you following my build, I know I go in spurts of building but these things cant be rushed.

Why don't you use the beagle bone black and create your own GUI?

I really appreciate you following my build, I know I go in spurts of building but these things cant be rushed.

Why don't you use the beagle bone black and create your own GUI?

I have a Digilent Nexys2 FPGA development board that I was thinking about using for creating my own GUI. It has 8 connectors for adding additional Pmod devices such as wifi and additional IO for controlling my SSRs and switching pumps and solenoids and such. It's just been a while since I've written any Verilog code, but I would like to refresh my memory

That's a great choice, I checked that board out at a show not to long ago. In the next month I should be giving away NXP starter kits. Let me know if you want one.

That's a great choice, I checked that board out at a show not to long ago. In the next month I should be giving away NXP starter kits. Let me know if you want one.

I am always open to playing around with new development kits and it's even better when they are being given out! What uC the starter kit using? I really appreciate it :mug:

I'm not really quite sure what uC they are using. Originally we where going to give out 1500 low power modules. We found out that they just wernt going to really drive a good marketing campaign. So we had them developed a starter kit that we can drive a design contest off of. We will see. I'll keep you in the loop when I get them for distribution. All you will have to do is answer a few quick questions and I will send it for free to you.

Same here - I have to see a final video, slide show or something of this baby in action.
I mean - how are we supposed to live vicariously through you if you don't show us? =;>

Definitely a wild ride. This week I started working on the pilot lights and wiring, I'll post pictures tomorrow of the two separate control boxes that I am working on. One for each pilot system and volume pressure sensors.

image-4041214568.jpg

image-939278816.jpg

image-1142870376.jpg

image-386312165.jpg

image-1743423955.jpg

image-2119271374.jpg

This is one of two pilot light control boxes . So I still have one pressure sensor to fit, this is definitely a tight squeeze.

image-1231954391.jpg

image-2624831692.jpg

Back