My first all grain and don't know what it is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ezemcgee

Reaction score
As I type, I'm halfway through my boil. I used 10lb barley, 1.5lb rye, and 1lb of wheat. Using Mt. Hood hops (1oz with 40min left and .5oz with 5min left). I know it will be beer, but unsure if it's a simple ale or something else.

As I type, I'm halfway through my boil. I used 10lb barley, 1.5lb rye, and 1lb of wheat. Using Mt. Hood hops (1oz with 40min left and .5oz with 5min left). I know it will be beer, but unsure if it's a simple ale or something else.
What yeast?

What kind of barley? It could be just about anything including undrinkable depending on what the barley really is.

Assuming it is 2 row or pale ale malt - it would be an American Pale Ale with a hint of rye taste.

What kind of barley? It could be just about anything including undrinkable depending on what the barley really is.

Assuming it is 2 row or pale ale malt - it would be an American Pale Ale with a hint of rye taste.

2-row barley, Breiss White wheat, and Brewmaster rye

2-row barley, Breiss White wheat, and Brewmaster rye

I'm really glad I didn't add any sugar. I was debating, unsure as to if I'd get enough breakdown for the yeast efficiency. I left the house for about 4 and a half hours and came back to one of the most active fermentation's I've ever had, after the RIS I did last year. I'm really excited to get another recipe started!

IMG_4094.JPG
It's delicious is what it is[emoji16]

Back