Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:d

Seca.jpg

This.jpg

Hurricun.jpg

Jeff-Inn-900F.JPG

CBX_Lineup.jpg

mikescooling said:
yea but what do you get like 200 mpg.

Ha. I get 61MPG on my CBR250R and have to live with the hecklers that are my friends. I can't imagine anything smaller.

I've got an 150cc scooter I picked up several years ago, alot of fun to ride and gets 75mpg on top of that. I get alot of ribbing from the guys at work when I ride it, but for just running around town it's as much fun to ride as my 1100 Spirit.

When I was 12 y/o I got my first used bike and the next 10 bikes after were used/beaters and I looked funny on them, but I was having a good time. I didn't care what anyone said. Now I have a Fat Boy Harley and can't stand it when the "snobby's" start trash talking. If your having a good time, that's all that matters. A real biker would beat the crap out of the snobby's.

Billy-Klubb said:
49.3cc's of pure doom. I can hit 40 mph. downhill. with a strong tail wind. get some.

I've always wanted to take one of those and fab a 250f motocross engine in there.

my scooter gets around 70 mpg. I need to do some minor adjustments & tune up.

Yes you do! My 700 lb Victory Cruiser gets as much as 55 mpg with a 1636cc V-twin that makes 100 hp and 122 ft lbs of torque!

I had a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R that got as much as 80 mpg on slow speed cruises. Scooters should be getting 90-100 mpg if you ride them like a sane human being.

Yes you do! My 700 lb Victory Cruiser gets as much as 55 mpg with a 1636cc V-twin that makes 100 hp and 122 ft lbs of torque!

I had a 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R that got as much as 80 mpg on slow speed cruises. Scooters should be getting 90-100 mpg if you ride them like a sane human being.

That, perhaps, is a big if. ;)

I have been riding a just shy of a decade now I guess. A little over 100,000 miles on the road so far. I average about 10,000 miles a year since I ride year round. It is pretty easy to get the miles in when you do a couple Iron Butt rides a year.

Going to take the courses to become a licensed MSF instructor next month. That should be fun and interesting. Looking forward to helping some new riders get a safe and educational start to their motorcycling life.

Daily ride:
1998 Honda VFR800Fi in street ride trim
282547_2323351684462_1401602_n.jpg

and in long distance tour ride trim.
310312_2416970904884_2129371092_n.jpg

Former now retired street ride:
1996 Suzuki Bandit GSF600S
2256_1098092293743_3242_n.jpg

Classic bikes and Project bikes:

1982 Honda CX500 Custom
2256_1098089613676_5358_n.jpg

1973 Honda CB350 - Currently disassembled Vintage Race bike. I need to stop building new brewing gear so I can work on and race this again.

1972 Honda CB450 - Also currently disassembled waiting for a build, thinking street tracker on this one.
25185_1422239637224_715248_n.jpg

MidTNJasonF Nice collection. I'm an inline Honda guy, but those VFR's are sexy machines.

Thanks, I hang around with a bunch of SHOC Honda misfits a good bit. Fine machines but I love that V4 goodness. Torque for days, an intoxicating exhaust note, and that wine from the gear driven cams make for a wonderful ride.

Been riding for numerous decades. Got a THANG for Harleys now. The wife and I both ride sportster cause they're fun and easily customized. Here is my pimped out iron 883...

new pipes.jpg

Wow I miss riding! Been a month since I have been on 2 wheels. But fortunately it looks like winter is about done. 63 and sunny this weekend!

^^^ Hiss, boo! I say it again...Hiss, boo!

We've got about 12 inches of snow on the ground. Granted, it IS melting, but with all the salt on the roads, I'm not about to take my aluminum-engined motorcycle out. We'll just wait impatiently, suffer our PMS and know that warmer days are coming.

glenn514:mug:

Wow I miss riding! Been a month since I have been on 2 wheels. But fortunately it looks like winter is about done. 63 and sunny this weekend!

Wifey and I are riding on Sunday :rockin: We got a forecasted high of 63 in Oxford too!

Here she is on her Shadow, with my c50 in the background.

2012-11-03_17-02-18_513.jpg

Sweet!

Anyone do any long touring rides?

My longest was 1,950 miles in a week. We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from start to finish, explored the Smoky Mountains, went to a cousin's wedding in Atlanta and then finished the week off at Myrtle Beach. Nothing beats road trips on a motorcycle!

Sweet!

My longest was 1,950 miles in a week. We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway from start to finish, explored the Smoky Mountains, went to a cousin's wedding in Atlanta and then finished the week off at Myrtle Beach. Nothing beats road trips on a motorcycle!

Heck ya...the wife and I head out for a few 1000-1300 mile weekends every summer...
Usually with a few friends...
That's our red BMW in the center which I posted earlier in the thread.
sat_13_sm.jpg

I don't think I ever posted pictures of my other two bikes on here.
My '83 GS1100E...
d2_bdnf_2.jpg

horse_farm.jpg

And my 2001 Triumph TT600...
triumph_fox_river2.jpg

And one with all of them...
tt600_5.jpg

Sweet!

Longest days are a little over 1200 and 1100 miles. Longest trip is a little over 4000 miles in 6 days. I wish I had time to ride longer and take more trips, not enough vacations days.

Sweet!

I do when I have time (which isn't often enough). My longest was a bit under 6,000 miles. I'm planning on riding the Trans Taiga Road in northern Quebec this summer. That should be about 4,000 miles in total.

Here's a decent picture of my bike I took a few days ago:

20130307_165348-XL.jpg

max384 said:
I do when I have time (which isn't often enough). My longest was a bit under 6,000 miles. I'm planning on riding the Trans Taiga Road in northern Quebec this summer. That should be about 4,000 miles in total.

Here's a decent picture of my bike I took a few days ago:

Is that a road or some farmers driveway :)

Wait, this isn't one of the obnoxious threads is it ;)

Bike is not done but, I put her shoes back on, took her off the lift, got her breathing, and tuned her by timing drop method.

Then rode her, without headlight, tailights, or any lights, or horn (still wiring it back up), over to a local shop and had her dyno'd for giggles.

3 run average cost me $50.

2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C A. Yes. A 750cc, liquid cooled, single carb motorcycle rumoured to produce 34 to 38 bhp out of the crate.

I advanced the timing 4 degrees and stripped the emissions BS off (PAIR system, secondary air, etc.. blank plates on heads). All the other engine mods were bolt on/drop in. Using an Edelbrock Pro-Air 1000 air cleaner, Vance and Hines straightshot HS with quiet baffles (fabric wrap removed). Dynojet #138 main jet, Dynojet needle on slot #3 from teh top, Kehein #52 pilot jet, and NGK Iridium plugs.

she's making 47.36bhp peak (45bhp average) and 50.61ftlbs torque at 4914.71rpm. :rockin:

vt750cdyno-59178.jpg

Just found this thread. The wife has a car, I don't.

This guy takes me to and from work all 12 months a year. Can be a bit hard on the fingertips, like this morning when it was 36 degrees at 70 MPH for 40 minutes, but we all have our crosses to bear.

El'Burro is a 2012 Suzuki DL-650A "V-strom" Adventure edition. Still haven't figured out where to mount the tap yet.

elburro.jpg

El'Burro is a 2012 Suzuki DL-650A "V-strom" Adventure edition. Still haven't figured out where to mount the tap yet.

Easy, sit the keg in one of those hard bags, the refrigerant/cooling system and C02 in the other, then run the lines up to the fairing.

This guy takes me to and from work all 12 months a year. Can be a bit hard on the fingertips, like this morning when it was 36 degrees at 70 MPH for 40 minutes, but we all have our crosses to bear.

I live in Culpeper County, VA about 45 minutes from you. How did you get to work in the snows we have had this month?

sounds like you need some wind guards and heated grips!

I can't deal with cold weather riding...it's simply too dangerous for me. My hands and feet become useless after about 20 minutes of sub 45F temp riding.

I live in Culpeper County, VA about 45 minutes from you. How did you get to work in the snows we have had this month?

sounds like you need some wind guards and heated grips!

I can't deal with cold weather riding...it's simply too dangerous for me. My hands and feet become useless after about 20 minutes of sub 45F temp riding.

I have a set of heated oxford wrap arounds on another bike that I needed to move over but never got around to doing it. Every time I ride in the cold I think I should do that, but as soon as I get home I forget again. I'd like a set of barkbusters, but all my money seems to end up in brewing equipment.

When it's raining or snowing I park the bike and take the bus. If it's anywhere above 30 degrees and fair weather, I try to ride. I slipped on ice once next to a leaking restaurant dumpster, and also took a low-side on the 495 fast lane in raining rush-hour traffic so I try and respect rain/ice as much as possible.

I slipped on ice once next to a leaking restaurant dumpster, and also took a low-side on the 495 fast lane in raining rush-hour traffic so I try and respect rain/ice as much as possible.

You are braver than I! I was on 495 on my bike once around 3pm. It was like an obstacle course and if you don't ride like they are all trying to kill you, you will end up road pizza!

Nice I love the Strom and was shopping for one when my VFR fell in my lap.

I highly recommend the bark busters/wind deflectors. I put a set of the factory equipment DL-1000 bark busters on my Bandit and they made a ton of difference in cold weather riding. They made the grip heaters I installed even more effective.

I think I paid about $40 to $50 for the deflectors on ebay (new). Spent about $5 on extra hardware to mount them to different than intended bike. I spend $27 dollars on the grip heater elements and wire harness. That made my cold weather riding very comfortable.

I do not like thick insulated gloves so I rode with the above combo and non insulated waterproof gloves in temps down to the low 20's with no issues.

I ride year round but I do not ride to work anymore. Since work is only 3 miles from home it is not worth getting the bike out of the garage and warmed up. I am better off using the bicycle for that. When I did have a longer commute I went about 3 or so years without owning a car. The wife still had one for hauling crap around or taking the dogs to the vet though.

Latest posts

Back