Looking for Interior Dimensions of GE 7 cu. ft. Chest Freezer (FCM7DUWW)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmferris

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone might have one of these? Looking at picking up a GE 7 cu. ft. FCM7DUWW from Sam's Club with the purpose of acting as a temporary fermentation chamber for two 6 gallon Paklab glass carboys with blow offs. Would only be temporary because I plan on eventually converting to a small keezer or use as long-term hops/ingredient storage in the not too distant future. Hoping that it is doable, until I build something that the SWMBO will allow in the house for a permanent fermentation chamber.

Looking for the interior dimensions of floor space without the hump, height without the hump, and the height and width of the hump. From what I can see, I /think/ I can fit two carboys in there on the floor with a smaller bucket for blow off on the hump. Planning on controlling it with a Control Innovations TC-9102-HV, which will eventually move to the permanent chamber or I will acquire a second one, if this becomes a keezer.

Cheers! :mug:

just trying to find out as well. I saw another post that it can fit 4 kegs and a 10lb CO2, but not sure if that is pin lock or with a collar and putting a keg on the hump.

edit:
http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95770

The part without the compressor hump is:
27.5in high X 24in wide X 15in deep

The part with the compressor hump is:
18.25in high X 7.5in wide X 15in deep

I can fit 2 6 gal BB carboys in mine, or even 2 ale pales, with a small bucket on the hump for a blow off tube, no problem. Plenty of headroom to spare. Quick question though: I've priced them at Sam's and at Home Depot, and with the special and free delivery, isn't the Home Depot model less expensive?

ahacreative said:
I can fit 2 6 gal BB carboys in mine, or even 2 ale pales, with a small bucket on the hump for a blow off tube, no problem. Plenty of headroom to spare. Quick question though: I've priced them at Sam's and at Home Depot, and with the special and free delivery, isn't the Home Depot model less expensive?

Funny that you mention that. I did happen to look at the latest flyer from the Big Orange Box and saw that they have it on sale for $178. With your feedback, looks like I will be heading there this weekend.

Thanks, much!

Back