Looking for a jalapeno gose/sour recipe idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeve007

Reaction score
Hey brewers! Searched the forum, couldn't find anything jalapeno, so wondering if anyone has a recipe they could suggest?

Jalapeno & lime perhaps, an easy one that would work?
Another friend suggest jalapeno, ginger and lime...

(and I have a good base sour recipe I've already used, if that helps keep things simple...)

Last edited:
Hey brewers! Searched the forum, couldn't find anything jalapeno, so wondering if anyone has a recipe they could suggest?

Jalapeno & lime perhaps, an easy one that would work?
Another friend suggest jalapeno, ginger and lime...
“Macho margarita sour”. Gose style Sour with lime and jalapeños. Take a fruit sour recipe. Use lime peels and lime juice. Make a tincture with jalapeño and good silver tequila and add it to taste in the keg. You can easily ruin a beer with too much spice this way you have more control

“Macho margarita sour”. Gose style Sour with lime and jalapeños. Take a fruit sour recipe. Use lime peels and lime juice. Make a tincture with jalapeño and good silver tequila and add it to taste in the keg. You can easily ruin a beer with too much spice this way you have more control
I do understand the danger of too much spice, but isn't using a tincture kind of "cheating"...? (though may be a better idea)

I do understand the danger of too much spice, but isn't using a tincture kind of "cheating"...? (though may be a better idea)
I don’t speak for everyone on this topic obviously but I wouldn’t consider it it cheating. You’re makibg your own tincture with raw ingredients to add to your beer. Would you consider it cheating if you added maple syrup, cocoa powder, or fruit purée to your beer. In my eyes they’re all the same.

Back