Lets play "RISK."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know y'all don't know me from Adam, but I play a few of you guys in Risk (conquer Club). I joined this board last night and can't seem to find where to upload an avatar . My search results on the topic were unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated.

Humdum.
NOOB!

Humdum said:
I know y'all don't know me from Adam, but I play a few of you guys in Risk (conquer Club). I joined this board last night and can't seem to find where to upload an avatar . My search results on the topic were unsuccessful. Any help would be appreciated.

Humdum.
NOOB!

You have to be a supporter to have an avatar. Click on the update your account link for more info

Oh, and welcome!

I get it. This site isn't connected to a brick & mortar right? I gotcha. I'll look into becoming a supporter. Thanks for the welcome. This doesn't mean you're going to take it easy on me in Risk does it?

I'd suggest hanging out a while and seeing if you like it here before becoming a supporter - that's pretty much the standard route. I figured that I've purchased books for similar amounts of money and have learned more here - so why not?

As far as taking it easy - not a chance! :mug:

Humdum joined so he can spy on our little strategery sessions. We'll have to stick to CC chat from now on. :(

(Welcome humdum. I look forward to seeing the mohawk avatar soon!)

I'm trying to get some homebrewers together to form a conquerclub "clan." it only takes 5 players, and you get a private forum for the clan members, the ability to create tournaments, and the feeling of superiority. OK, I made the last one up... anyhow, there are three guys on brewboard that want to join, then there's me... and we can take as many as want to join. Who's with me? and more importantly, what should the homebrewing clan be called? I'm "recruiting" on brewboard and hopefully on northernbrewer as well. Anyone who homebrews is welcome to join though. So spread the word.

zero dollars and zero cents. Or at least, that's what I'm hearing. You don't have to be a premium member to join a clan. We can all drink beer, wear kilts, talk with Scottish accents, kill opposing clans and hear the lamentations of their women.

Nice! I like it!

We need a good name - something intimidating, yet keeping with our brewing roots

Hey, I finally won a game! 4 person Terminator game on the Europe map. :rockin:

Im down with a Homebrew Clan....Drunken Domination, Brew Battalion, <insert alliterative brewing name here>

I may not be eliminated first in a couple of games- I dunno if that gets me any points.

I think, to fit in with the idea of Scotsmen as generally prone to temper issues, we should call ourselves the:

"Hoppin' Madde Clanne!"

Get it? Hoppin'? Like hop...ping?

andre the giant said:
I'm trying to get some homebrewers together to form a conquerclub "clan." it only takes 5 players, and you get a private forum for the clan members, the ability to create tournaments, and the feeling of superiority. OK, I made the last one up... anyhow, there are three guys on brewboard that want to join, then there's me... and we can take as many as want to join. Who's with me? and more importantly, what should the homebrewing clan be called? I'm "recruiting" on brewboard and hopefully on northernbrewer as well. Anyone who homebrews is welcome to join though. So spread the word.

I want in on that! Make sure and let me know when you set it up. :mug:

The HBT team will dominate the Greenboard Goons!

I just joined. I'm not really sure what's going on, but I joined a game, and I guess I'm awaiting my turn. I'll gladly join the HBT clan and let y'all show me how it's done.

classic map, freestyle, standard game, flat rate cards, unlimited reinforcements
PW: peanut
6 players

Oh Canada, terminator, sequential, flat rate, unlimited
6 players

I contacted a moderator on CC about forming a clan. I gave them the name "Warlords of the Wort"

I'll see how this shakes out, and if someone hates the name, they can form their own clan. :p :)

andre the giant said:
I contacted a moderator on CC about forming a clan. I gave them the name "Warlords of the Wort"

I'll see how this shakes out, and if someone hates the name, they can form their own clan. :p :)

Cool - I was a fan of Hoppin Madde Clanne, but Warlords of the Wort is fine by me

Pumbaa said:
Andre I finaly got around to signing up, count me in and let me know when you're playing

Right now! :)

andre the giant said:
classic map, freestyle, standard game, flat rate cards, unlimited reinforcements
6 players

Oh Canada, terminator, sequential, flat rate, unlimited
6 players

Chairman Cheyco said:
Right now! :)

BAH sure the one night whewre ya caught me out drinking with the boys . . . what can I say I had to get drunk to pick some of the union guys brains . . . as much as I hate the union I cant cange it if I aint in it

Sorry for slowing games down over the weekend, we were away at the Wisconsin Dells for the weekend (conference) and I was home sick Monday, didn't think to check the games until Monday evening.

Pumbaa said:
BAH sure the one night whewre ya caught me out drinking with the boys . . . what can I say I had to get drunk to pick some of the union guys brains . . . as much as I hate the union I cant cange it if I aint in it

Actually, game 86770 hasen't started yet, so jump on in! I'm not sure about the other one.

Back