lemon grass cider....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrawkgeek

Reaction score
I was going to put a batch of cider on this morning, and i had some extra lemon grass laying around from the other nights dinner. What do you think....? Lemon Grass cider? Would it work? How would i prepare it??? hrmmmmm.

chop it up, wash in vodka, bung it in..

Putting it into secondary might give more flavour from what I've read, but if you've got it now it can't hurt to experiment..

Lemongrass has lots of oil in it though, but then so does cinnnamon. Personally I think it could taste amazing, maybe with some ginger as well?

I boiled it up with ginger... And just threw it in to the mix of things. Didn't have any vodka laying around. We'll see how it turns out. Smells good and is bubbling away. We'll see how it goes! :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Home Brew mobile app

Good luck..interested to know how it turns out...

I am as well. We'll see how it goes... It smells wonderful, sniffing the airlock. I hope that gives me a good idea of how it will turn out. :D
Cross fingers!

Lemongrass Ginger Cider.jpg

Bottled and carbed up some bottles. Tastes quite nice. Enough carb after about 4 days. And it is tart. Lemony. With a hint of ginger.

1393976276778.jpg

Well now...who'da thunk..lemon and ginger eh?

It's been really quick!!!

Good to now it works...are you ageing in the bottle?

I'm gonna put a couple away and see if more apple comes out... But my brother in law likes the tartness of it now... It is different, but quite tasty.

Back