Lallemand New England 11g yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @moreb33rplz , I appreciate the feedback. All the comments on here are pretty vague and technical for a looser brewer like myself. Despite the parts per billion counts or whatever 42 hours in is still bubbling away very vigorously. I'm not a numbers guy and am much more interested in flavor profile when it comes to yeast. I'll report back with how this tastes when it's all said and done. Am hoping for that "juicy", pineapple-y mouthful of flavor.

@Big Monk can you give more detail on this? The reddit thread is really down on this strain, and I'm curious how your actual brews turned out. Were they juicy and NEIPA-like at all?

(I know this is an old thread, but really curious as my local place carries it and I am a huge fan of Trillium, Treehouse, etc.)

It’s relatively flavor neutral and flocculates well. NEIPA? Probably not, although it’s a fine DIPA, IPA, and PA Yeast.

This yeast isn’t worth the $$ it takes to get the right cell count. You’ll end up spending way more on the correct number of packets as opposed to a liquid verison.

This is dried Conan. It’s available in liquid form from Imperial, Gigayeast, The Yeast Bay, Omega Yeast, and just about every other smaller yeast lab.

If you want to use a dry yeast to make “juicy” beer use the Verdant strain. Way higher cell count and it’s basically dried LAIII. Or you could blend some Verdant/New England or Verdant/So4 or New England/So4 or countless other options.

Back