Lager and orange and honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsqjym

Reaction score
Have a lager kit and want to know the best way to add orange flavor. Would honey and corrieander also be good???? Ideas??? Thanks!!!

It would be important first of all to know what type of lager kit. Also, you can go on this forum and go into the recipe section. Doing a search will help you find what you want.

Most will suggest that honey will ferment out almost completely leaving very little taste and a drier beer. You can add it to the last few mins of the boil or, IMO add the honey to the fermenter for maximum flavor and aroma. I also add orange zest to the fermenter after fermentation has completed much like dry hopping. I have received very good results

Next for me is to try a bit of honey malk in my grain bill. I hear it will give some sweetness and honey flavor

Good luck

Rick

Corriander will give you orange flavor.

I added some chopped up Kumquats to a sour once (I can't remember how many - a guess would be it was about a half a small pack in 1 gallon), and the orange flavor was overpowering. It has been in the bottle a year now and is really nice.

Back