Kolsch lagering time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshan15

Reaction score
Just finished fermenting my Cologne Kolsch from Midwest Brewing and I had a question about lagering times. From what I have read on here, you can lager anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks, and ideally as close to 32 degF as possible. I had my primary going for 3 weeks around 60 and my FG came out to just under 1.010. I would like to get this done as soon as possible, but also don't want to ruin it because it tasted great when I tried it after measuring the FG.

I'd like it to be somewhat clear but I am not terribly worried about the look, I just want it to taste good.

Would 1 week in the fridge at 34 degF to cold crash/lager be enough? Then bottle for 3 weeks and put back in the fridge to finish up?

Thanks

That should be plenty of time. I lager my recipe for about 2 weeks, before it can be touched, but then it vanishes pretty quickly.

Back