kettle size for 10 and 20 gallon batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indygunworks

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a full Tower of Power to control a 240v heating element. I would like a system that is capable of doing finished volumes of 10 and 20 gallon batches.

Does anyone out there make a kettle that is capable of this? Until i started looking into this BIAB route the breweasy was my main focus. However its looking like this route may add even more simplicity.

Hm, maybe a kettle from stout or similar? They tend to be tall and narrow.

My 20gal stout tank will do 5 to 15.5 finished batches so maybe the next size up would do 10 up to 20.

no it worked.... and worked well. answered all my questions and i have come to my conclusion.

I am going to stick with the breweasy and if i want to i can add 50 bucks worth of stuff to turn the BK on the system into a BIAB for 10 gallon batches and 15 gallon lower gravity ones should i desire to do so.

the link provided every aspect of information i was looking for. thank you.

no it worked.... and worked well. answered all my questions and i have come to my conclusion.

I am going to stick with the breweasy and if i want to i can add 50 bucks worth of stuff to turn the BK on the system into a BIAB for 10 gallon batches and 15 gallon lower gravity ones should i desire to do so.

the link provided every aspect of information i was looking for. thank you.
Sweet. I'm going to start dabbling with biab soon. I've looked at that calculator a few times. Glad it helped!

I have 7 gallon kettle with 2000W electric element (240V) and need up to one hour for heat tap water for mash. For comfortable work with 20 gallon kettle you need minimum three such elements (6000W) and three-phase electric current. If you wish and full boil in that kettle you need more power. Electric heaters of 3x3000W with 3x380V will be much better.

Latest posts

Back