kegco stainless cfc chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehaun

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found compression X 1/2" npt fittings that definitely work for this chiller. I have done a search and found several people state they ordered 15 mm X 1/2" npt compression fittings. No one has clearly stated whether they worked or not. Anyone?

Are you talking about connections to the wort circuit? I would stick with slip on tubing and a hose clamp rather than risk a permanent compression connection to a very expensive chiller.

I ended up shoving a ton of teflon washers inside mine to get a good enough seal. 1/2 compression was too small, 5/8 was slightly too large. I used 5/8 and packed 2-3x 1/2 teflon o-rings inside the compression nut and it seems to do a fine job.

I used bargainfittings... just checked my order history and found these:

2x = 5/8" Tube x 1/2" Female NPT compression adapter stainless
6x = O-RING 1/2 NPT - SILICONE

If you aren't using any kind of quick disconnect and hose clamp fitting works then i'd go that route. It's def cheaper. Each compression fitting was $26 and I question if it was worth it over ordering a copper one or another brand CFC with NPT threads already.

Back